Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engine

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 85GMCJimmy, Jun 9, 2000.

1. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

About 3 years ago i had purchased one of the universal 350s from chevrolet to go i my 85 jimmy and about 2 or 4 weeks ago it bent a push rod while i was driving down the road with out horsing around with it. It has alway run on the hots side about 250 degrees. What could cause for it to bend a push rod could it be the heat or something else. The warrenty that they give with that engine is still in effect tl about july. They have worked on it for about 3 weeks and cannot get it straight. So yesterday we took it back to a usually mechanic to get it fixed hopefully without getting a new engine. Also give my your opinons about that universl 350 too. If i had to replace the engine i want GM truck 383.. has anyone seen that engine??

thanks

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

If the engine was truly running at 250 degrees all the time then I'm amazed it lasted this long. 190-210 is a more reasonable temp. Are you sure the gauge is accurate?

As for the bent pushrod, the only way I've ever seen them get bent is from over-revving the engine. It wouldn't neccessarily fail instantly. You could have bent it a while back and it just now finally got bad enough for you to notice a problem. Was it bent enough that the rocker arm popped off of the pushrod?

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com

3. 85GMCJimmy

85GMCJimmy Registered Member

Sorry about that temperature it is around 210. I have been working long hours and i have been really tired lately