Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engineers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ronnny, Apr 20, 2005.

1. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Have to work on three spot welders at work that some person ordered before they quit. But someone had to aprove before the company building the spot welders was paid. I don't need to say how much i hate standard spot welders huh? :mad1: None of the wires in this machine have numbers on them and the elec. prints are generic to about any of thier spot welders. Guy did not order some options on the thing that they really wanted so i have to try and make these things on my own with just supervisiors help. He is good at working with us if we ask but he has a million other things to do so why bother if don't need to, It will just take a little longer. :grin: All machines have specs that are supose to be met before they come in but someone paid these f*@(ers before we looked at these welders. All the maintenance engineer says is we did not aprove these to come in here. :confused: What am i supose to do? They have to run but the crap will take awhile since someone did not make this company build them to our specs. :doah: Wait till the service rep comes out to visit agian! :woot: He will know what i think of thier companies work. :hack: :grind: :weld: And of him. We already don't seem to care for each other. :surepal: the dummy
    Anyway you engineers make sure you do a good job so someone is not cussing you the whole 10 hours a day at work. :deal: :thumb:

2. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

im sure some grunt just misread the plans :D

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Usually Sales & Marketing is btwn me and the customer. So what I say to the customer gets distorted by S&M, and what the customer says to me gets distorted by S&M, and S&M feels important while mostly what they do is muddy things up.

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

there are alot of good engineers out there that will bring me a print and you make the part and it will come out like supose to and work. But lately we are getting alot of those that think thier job is to come to maintenance and say i need this to do this. Then they think it's my job? We do have a few good ones around but they are not in my department since i changed departments. Went from two that can design molds and find part and print #s for everything in there area to a couple that say here is a print of what i got now but i need it to do this. Any ideas? :dunno: He has none. Isn't he supose to have some of his own?
    Sorry just love these guys in this department? :doah: