Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

engines?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaun, Oct 15, 2003.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I have just purchased myself a 3/4 ton parts truck for my 71. But I still have no engine. I am putting the 327 out of the blazer into a camaro so now I need one for my blazer. I am choosing between an olds 455, caddy 500, or chevy 427. I want fuel injection so I think my choice will be a 427. It will be new but it is a 69 corvette motor. What do you think. Do they make fuel injection for a 455 or 500. Also I know that greg 72 has a 427. What is that engine from? And what is your opinion of it? Also what is your gas mileage. Its not important I am just curious. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

The 472 is probably a Caddy motor. Basically the same as a Caddy 500 except for the crank and pistons.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Greg actually has a 396BBC if I remember properly??
    I belive any SBC Fi will work on any SBC and any BBC FI will work on any BBC block, with the proper heads of coarse.
    Myself I am going with a crate engine probly RamJet 350..
    good luck

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

You can fuel inject any motor you want. Cheaper and easier would be to use the Chevy block.

A Vette 427? If original, to much compression for your needs probably. I would search around if anybody really needs that motor for their restoration. You might make enough money off that to pick up a new 502 motor.

Nothing wrong with any of those choices, they can all be made to work....

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The 427 is your best bet.parts are easy to come by.Check the compression ratio,you might have to run higher octane gas though. The power and torque will be worth it!