Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

English sucks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTChevy, Mar 28, 2006.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

yeah, its gonna help me later in life, but this stuff is just plain creeeap!The CMR coaches consider the golf team the best one out there. Now diagram, give the sentence pattern, list the structure, go read a book and cram some english something or other in your ears, and do english related things while doing something totally non related to english and give me the answer? Some things in life are simple. Seinor english is not one of them..

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I hated school..... wish I would have applied myself more now that I am looking back on it.

3. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

:haha::haha::haha:

thats a good one

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, learn that English well. Because the way my country's going with letting in all these f%*&%ng immigrants, English speaking people will be in a minority one day:mad: . Wow...a minority! Doesn't that mean we get special treatment from the government? Free health care, free accomadation, go to the front of every queue????:D
    Learning that stuff does suck but believe me that one day, when you're talking to some guy who could make your life easier, you'll be so glad you're capable of holding an intelligent, articulate conversation.

5. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nothing is a more instant indication of a persons ability/intelligence in a workplace setting than a firm grasp on language. In your case English. Whether that is fair or not, its true.

6. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Exactly! If someone comes into my workshop and wants work on their bike doing but can't be bothered to speak good English I automatically (and wrongly I know) get a bit of an attitude towards them. I'm not talking about foreigners here (although I get them too), I'm talking about young white kids who talk like some black kid from a ghetto (that wasn't a racial slur, it's just the way they've chosen to talk). I can hardly understand them and the only reason they talk like they do is pure lazyness. And I hate lazy people!

But I'm not a twisted and bitter 42 year old grumpy old man....honest!:D

7. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hokt on fonycs relly werkt fer me :thumb:

8. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I actually did suprisingly well in HS English and yes once you get into the workforce people do judge you on how you comunicate both verbaly and written.

On a side note it could be worse, if the Brittish had won the Revolutionary war we all be speaking English now days.

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Blaaahh.....senior english isnt difficult at all. Hell, when i was a senior (last year:doah: ) i took "fast forward" english which was actually 2 college english courses crammed into 1 semester. We had a professor, had to pay tuition to the university of north carolina at greensboro, and got college credit! Now, im a freshman in college, and i only had to take one english here. I officially dont have to take another english class in college. I guess i was always good at english and usually made a's or high b's in high school. Now, a 2000 level english course in college (i made the mistake of taking british literature eng:2020) is a different story. I was lucky to walk away with a c+. Anyways, its your senior year dude. Teachers arent that hard on you your senior year. I was taking mainly honors and advanced placement classes in high school, and my senior year had to be the easiest. Youve got like a month or two left, stick with it. If you think that class is hard, wait till you get to college. Ive done more work this semester (3 months) than i think i did in all 4 years of highschool.:doah: hate to say so, but high school classes just dont compare.
    -Harrison