Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

enigne and trans question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Alexmart1, May 31, 2001.

1. Alexmart1

Alexmart1 Registered Member

well i was checkit bertha and see what was up with her, she has to much oil and to much trans fluids, bith stick show over the full line,
    whart are the cons of having to much fluid in the engine and trans, thanks

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Too much oil should lead to more leaks (seals being unedr the oil level that aren't normally) as well as power loss as teh crank whips that oil into a froth. Automatic transmission fluid has to be checked with the vehicle running, tranny HOT (since the fluid expands, you will get false readings if you check it when it is not at operating temp), as in just run, and run through all the gears. THEN check fluid level.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</A>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

If its just a (pardon me ladies) C-hair over it will be ok(probably). Like "DOOR"(sorry bro) said. You run the risk of blowing seals, like say the rear main seal, which is a pain in the a$$ for the most part to replace, and chance for all other seals to rupture.
    Yes, the T-case needs to be check while running and hot. If you let it get cold all the fluid, well, 5 quarts, wuns back to the pan thus giving a false reading. You need to check it with the fluid in all the places that it is supposed to be. Not saying that you didn't do that, but just making sure we are on the same page.

Steve Fox for President, 2004.
    Jimi Hendrix was re-incarnated in 1990 as my....JIMI