Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Enough Juice?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Impex, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

Was wondering if the stock alternator will push (3) Pro Comp 100 watt lights along with the high beams? thanks guys!

Sorry about the double posting not sure what happend [​IMG]
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Impex on 01/07/02 12:49 PM.</FONT></P>

2. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

ya but prob not that long, you can get the 100-180 watt alt from summit or your local alt rebuilders can up the amps coming out just my 2 cents

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Hey wats up, havent seen you here in a while. My stock alt. held up to high beams being on (all four lights on mine) and two KC daylighters, the really high powered ones(I think 150 or 175).

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

Not sure what the stock alts put out, but 3 100 watt lights would only pull +/- 25 amps. Not sure what high beams pull either. Depending on what else you have running on it, should be fine. Of course, and as always, please correct me if i'm wrong.lol

uh-oh

5. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

i run my plow, stereo, highbeams, salt spreader, and flood lights all off of a 78 amp 'nator. and i havent had a single problem, i got a real big battery and that helps with the plow/winch, but the 'nator holds up fine

beligerence doesn't justify intelligence.
    <font color=blue>wheelers hate posers.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>79k15/400/700r4/205/38.5</font color=red>

6. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

DesertDueler:
    yeah i havent been on this site for a while or the computer for that matter just been busy with finishing up school (first semester) and with the holidays and all but im back now [​IMG]