Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ENOUGH LIFT FOR 42" TSL'S!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by OL14BLAZ, Oct 2, 2002.

1. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

ENOUGH LIFT FOR 42\" TSL\'S!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif I plan on installing 6" springs, Zero rates and Hill shackles on the front suspension--on the rear ORD 4" shackle flip, zero rates and along with my 2.5" springs already there. I also already have a ORD 1" body lift on the truck.

My question is would this be enough room to run 42" TSL's on 16.5x9.75 hummer beadlocks with some fender trimmer, but not alot of fender trimming?

Let me know your thoughts, suggestions and of course pics if you have them.

Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: ENOUGH LIFT FOR 42\" TSL\'S!!!!!!!!

I think you'll need lots of fender trimming. I used to run 39.5" with 6" and I trimmed the fenders back to the lower bolt. They still hit in Moab but not really anywhere else.

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

i think you will be right at it. tub the rear, move the front axle forward an inch or so and get ready for the self siping of your TSL's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

That is about the same amount of lift I have. The hummer beadlocks are 8.25" wide, not 9.75". I welded mine in at 3" bs, and they tuck into the rear fenderwells nice. I had to trim a lot of sheetmetal to make mine fit, but I have a real flexy susp. You will probably have to trim almost to the cab in the front. Looks for pics of mine on rockmodified.com

5. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Hey Bryan,

Your /forums/images/graemlins/k5.giflooks really good and it seems like it functions really well @ Moab by the pictures (yours is the one with the ranchhand rear bumper?) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

What type of suspension are you running front and rear?Brand of leaf springs an such?

I thought the hummer beadlocks were 9.75, I guess I was miss informed. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks for the info and pics!!

Eric.

89K5/14FF/D60/2-1/2"Superlift/ORD Stuff/More coming!!

6. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

The performance of my K5 is somewhat debateable. I broke severely on that obstacle due to the fact that I could not climb the obstacle because my rear has enough flex to allow the rear axle to drop below that ledge. I am taking the K5 cab off soon and replacing it with a truck cab and flatbed in hopes of losing some weight. I have Alcan leaf springs front and rear. They are too soft currently. Once again, by losing weight, hopefully it will correct this.

7. zapblazer84

zapblazer84 Registered Member

Hi, I would like help trying to buy some ORD rear shackles what is the website or phone number. I have an 84 blazer with 4in. lift and want to replace the original shackles. thanks email at zap275@hotmail or just post here thanks alot /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

YOU CAN FIND THEIR SITE RIGHT HERE ON THIS SITE. THEY HAVE THEIR OWN FORUM--OFFROAD DESIGN.

ERIC. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif