Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Entrapment or smart idea - poll

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by loudnowlouder, Jan 31, 2003.

1. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

so 12 people were caught cheating at my university recently, and they're trying to sue the university...whole thing stinks...

heres the situation, the professors would post the exam answers online at the start of the exam, that way no matter what time you finished the exam you could go see check your answers.

well leave it to college students, they started teaming up, one person would sit at a computer, when the exam started, text message on a cell phone the answers.

the professors got wind of the siutation, so they posted a completely BOGUS exam answer key....those who returned the exam with the bogus answers got nailed...

now they're sueing the university and the professors for entrapment, and trying to use that as their defense to stay in college....their lawyers said, and i quote "its not the students fault for cheating, they were set up in a trap and that is a criminal offense"

i personally think, they were cheating, they got caught, they get kicked out and black-listed from all the ranked universities...

whats your opinion, because it seems as though most people on campus are on the students side of the issue...

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1044028483loudnowlouder">

Entrapment or Busted
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Entrapment
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Busted, they cheated, they go down
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />someone just needs to kick some sense into them
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    their lawyers said, and i quote "its not the students fault for cheating,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Birds of a feather.......................

Let me talk to them there lawyers, it's the donuts I tell ya, they entrap me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Now back when I was in school you had to wright the answers all over your person. You looked like a bill board but thats all we had. So I feel that these youngsters are pretty high tech and should be given praise. I would have never thought of something like that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

That's not entrapment, that's a sting operation. No different than sending an undercover cop to sell drugs then busting the people buying them (or sending a cop to BUY drugs, then busting the seller). Entrapment only occurs when the person doing wrong is FORCED/COERCED to break the law/rules, then gets nabbed.

Pretty slick idea, though! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

thats exactly the way i see it, i mean it was a pretty good idea if you were going to cheat, but seriously for 15-20k a year of college, its not worth the risk to get caught and lose all that money and kill your reputation

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

they're cheaters. fukem.
    didja hear about the teacher that caught about a third of her students plagiarizing a report, failed them, and their parents went and b!tched to the school? the school made the teacher give them all passing grades, so she quit.
    oh, and let's go ahead and cut spending on education. that'll fix it.

7. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

nobody made them cheat! the cop thing if you sell to a cop (stupid)you sold to a cop,not entrapment.a unmarked car pulls up at a red light and revs motor like he/she wants to go light turns green you hammer it you're getting a ticket..........
    they gut busted and should take on the chin, nobody made them CHEAT.......wussies, my teacher was smarter then me waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Here's the thing - if you're going to cheat, that's fine. Part of life is knowing how to circumvent the rules in a way that you WON'T GET CAUGHT. But if these guys went through an entire test and never even bothered to read the questions to make sure that they made sense then they are complete morons who deserved to get caught. I think everyone has cheated a time or two, I only did it a few times, mainly in college as a last resort in classes that I was doing poorly in (i.e. math). The difference is that I did it well and never even came close to getting caught. Screw 'em, but not necessarily because they cheated, but because they cheated poorly. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif </font color>

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

oh, and let's go ahead and cut spending on education. that'll fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of course it will!! Why not allocate some of the education budget to, say.....helping prevent the further spread of AIDS. In Africa. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I smell a hijack!! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

Screw 'em, but not necessarily because they cheated, but because they cheated poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif can i use this for my sig line?????

jacob

11. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

seeing how i failed a class in college for cheating, i think these guys should go down also. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif i'm lucky they didn't expel me.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

can i use this for my sig line?????

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="green"> Knock yourself out, buddy! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I see that Uglychevy grabbed another Shaggyism too. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>