Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

envelope stuffing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Nov 29, 2006.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

anyone ever done one of those envelope stuffing jobs? You know, where you do it at home in your spare time and they pay you for it. Is it a BS scam or...? Just wondering... might be an easy way to score some parts for the truggy, especially when my wife and I are on opposite shifts!

j

2. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The one I know of is they send you a list of company types that could use the service. You have to locate the work and contact them to get it. There is also a scam where for a few dollars they will provide you with a company but you have to buy your envelopes and stamps from them.

Stop and think a second Bulk mailing is done at a reduced cost and most billing is done on a computer by a company for the business. The bulk mailer then pre sorts the bills and gets a bigger discount.

I have never heard of ant of these being legit they are kinda like this. Send me $5.00 and I will send you information on how to become a millionaire act now because I want to share this you.
    Cash check or money order to

Yousef Bihn Hadden
    box 1313
    Secret, State 12345

Heres what you get come up with an ideal and list it in the local newspaper also major cities have several newspapers. Now Multiply the people you can reach. If they only send you a dollar for the secret you are on your way to becoming rich.

3. jekbrown

some claim that you don't have to go contacting anyone. Prolly right though... so many scams out there. :(

j

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

You never cease to amaze me Jekster. Why not just pinch pennies while you watch TV, by the end of every show you could have turned them into nickles...:D :haha:

5. jekbrown

my wife sits in front of the TV a lot doing nuttin but staring at it... what did you expect fumes? :grin: Gotta economize/maximize the best that I can... my truggys future depends on it! and oh yeah, my marriage and our lives depend on it to. lol! ;) :grin:

j

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well since you don't want her to get prego then barefoot and stuffing envelopes is all you can hope for I guess....:haha: :haha: :haha: :waytogo:

7. jekbrown

nope, no kids for us, no way. I'd rather have a truggy. Call me selfish if ya want, but at least I know before I have a kid that then becomes unwanted... the reason for a divorce... and a babies life ****ed from day 1. :) :thumb:

I have another kidney surgery in Feb... but once I am past that I'm getting a vasectomy ASAP. Kids ain't for me.

j

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And if need be some day down the line you could always adopt.Theres already too damn many people on this rock as it is...:bow:

9. jekbrown

yeah, I'd have no problem with adoption... at least the kid wouldn't get my families ****ed up eye sight or kidney problems. Not only that, but maybe I could adopt a kid that was 3 or something... that way I'd be past the terrible twos.. ;)

bah... kids still suck. If I won the lottery maybe... but even then I'd just wanna spend all my time wheelin and kickin it with the wife. ;)

j

10. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

Get a job at a mailing company. I work as a mechanic at DST Output, but we have machines that fold and stuff. We do have a few times where stuff has to be hand stuffed tho. Not for me, I couldn't sit still long enough.

11. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I was looking for work in high school one summer, this temp agency sent me to this place, after I expcitly told them, no envelope stuffing or the like, i'm looking to expand my skills here, something I can put on a resume.
    They call up one day, "yeah, we got this great opportunity for you at this engineering company, temp-to-hire, yeah, it'll be great for you!"
    So I show up there, there was a room full of envelopes and mailers and they said, "have 'em ready by the end of the day", I said, and so, this is it, just these, is there more to this job tommorow? They said, "uh..this is a one day thing, to do this, that's it, that's all we hired ya for, didn't they tell you?"..uhh..no..
    I started in for about 15 minutes, after that I realized unless I worked thru lunch and well into the night, there's no way I'd have had all those done. If there was something more in it, I'd have gladly done the work, but I had better things to do, like look for a real job, so I promptly left. They wern't to happy about that.
    Even after just 15 minutes, my brain couldn't bear the monotony. I had already streamlined my process after the inital few, cutting my time by 30%, but even at that, no way I could have sat there all day doing that, not unless there was a gun nearby.

12. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

I am not sure how those people do it. At least they let them sit. They mostly visit amongst themselves. I suppose most of them are just happy to have a job in America.

13. jekbrown

boredom isn't really a problem for me.... a year in GTMO cured all of that. Haven't been bored since, and that was 12 years ago. lol!! At my job I often have hours where absolutely nothing happens. I could be stuffin' during that time no problem. If I get my bosses job (retiring next year AFAIK) I'd have even more time on my hands. lol!

what other type of "work at home" stuff is there out there?

j

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

we looked into it becuae when we were first married my wife couldent work as she did not have a work permit in canada, the thing we looked at would be in my name and she could do it, they would drop off a ton of stuff (or you got it i guess) and you stuff them all but they pay you as they need it, so the 1000 envelops you stuffed might take a year to go away

15. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

Home movies!!!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

:bow: :haha: