Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EPR Valve Question

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by icemanoh58d, May 16, 2006.

1. icemanoh58d

icemanoh58d Registered Member

It's me again I finally got my level 3 700r from bowtieoverdrives installed works great and thanks for the advice. My question is that while I was underneath removing the old tranny I noticed the EPR valve for the first time and found out two things about it right away while scratching my head in wonder 1. that it was in a closed postion and 2. that there was nothing connected to it . Is that bad it would seem to me that I'm losing power because the exhaust is not flowing freely? If this is or isn't true let me know and can I remove it completely or just rig it so it's stuck in the open postion until I redo my exhaust

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Check for the new scans in the "6.2 Tech Info" sticky post. If you need others, let me know in this thread or by PM.

3. icemanoh58d

icemanoh58d Registered Member

ck5 saves the day again

Thank You those sticky's are awesome so I guess it's spring loaded to the open postion and doesn't really matter that it's not hooked up I was afraid it was the opposite and that it was blocking my exhaust on that side

Trev