Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Equal to balance tires?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BozoWise, May 30, 2002.

1. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Has anyone used the product "Equal" to balance thier tires? If so how did it work. I am thinking of carrying this at our store but need to know some real world testing.

2. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have used it for the last 2 months...i am runnin 37" MTR's with beadlocks and its rides smooth as glass...before gettin the equal i could not even come close to getting them to ballance with normal weights

3. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

i used it on some 38's and didn't have anyluck. it is also a pain to put air in the tire's after you have it in. you have to use a special valve so you don't get any moisture in it. it takes along time to get air in threw the valve. if i remember right it was like 3 minutes for a pound of air. i would not use it again. when i balenced my 42's i used balence patches. now that work's great. even when one of my 42's called for like 1 and half pound's of weight.
    equal would probibly be a good thing if the tire's are close or smaller but you still have to fight the air issue....

dave

4. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i have aired up and down many times....it dose not take neerly that long...dosent take any longer than without it in there....the valve they gave me just has a filter on it to keep the powder in the tire but when i air down i just pull the valve stem out and havent had any problems with it comin out the stem...but maybe i got lucky...who knows

5. captain chaos

ya that's what i had to, stem with filter. it toke a ungodly long time to air tires. thought it was the stem thing but we tryed another one and it was just as slow.
    maybe i was just unlucky, seem's like i usally am.........

dave

6. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

What kind of prices were you guys paying for the equal. I am trying to decide if I am going to sell it in our shop or not.

7. captain chaos

sorry it's been about 5 year's, and since i can't remember yesterday..............
    i can't help you out.....

dave