Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ergh. My Jeep...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

The investigation concerning my Jeep and a possibly rolled back odometer is now complete...

I figured someone messed with the odometer... And I figured Steve Miller, the guy who sold me the Jeep, knew about it...

I was kicking myself for not getting a Carfax report on the Jeep before I bought it to save myself all the trouble with having the warranty cancelled, and having to call all these people, possibly getting folks into big trouble...

I just got off the phone with the guy who did my investigation.......... Turns out that all along, the guys I thought were trying to screw me over really had nothing to do with it.... In the end it's Carfax, who I was wishing I had used, and swearing I would never buy a car without again, that made a mistake... The very company I was in the future going to count on to keep me from getting screwed over is now the cause of me getting screwed over....

I still have a Jeep that's undriveable because of mechanical stuff... All the things wrong with it were going to be covered under the warranty that got cancelled after the company ran the VIN through Carfax... That stuff probably won't be covered by the warranty now if I get it back, and the Carfax now shows a clean history on the Jeep...

All this before I've even made the first payment or got the Jeep registered and plated... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

*insert lame Jeep slogan here*

Our Jeep packed it in this morning. Of course it's blocking my Jimmy...I'm pretty tempted to just back right over the Jeep at this point. Unfortunately we can't afford anything else at the moment so I'll have to go out in the cold and try and figure out what the hell is wrong.

You would think if it was just a Carfax error, and that error caused the warranty to be cancelled on you that Carfax should be on the hook for either a repacement warranty from another company or to get your existing warranty re-instated.

Time to be the squeaky wheel Cappy...

Rene

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Time too take the report from this investigation to the warrenty company. Show them it was a mistake by CarFax and that it has now been corrected. That there is no reason to denie warrenty now.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

your first problem

sorry about that i have been screwed befor too, sure sucks

[​IMG]

5. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I think it was you that i suggested to ask the dealer and if they did not call jeep about getting some good faith work done. Did you call and ask about it? Even with the mileage problem I would ask. The service writer at the chevy place here said he could get about anything done to 50,000 some thing more. Anything to keep the repair from comming out of your pocket.