Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Essex VT truck fest

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MudNurI, Aug 5, 2001.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

WOW,
    just got back from the truck fest, WHAT A SHOW!! I cant wait to get the pic's back, some of those show and shine truck had some major flex!.. One group, MASS MUDDERS, didnt use ramps, or tires to show it off, they drove the trucks up onto EACHOTHERS trucks, bumpbers, brushguards, what ever! SICK!! I was a little dissapointed, 5-6 K5's in the show and shine out of probably 200 trucks. they few that were there were nice, however very low number! of course I am one to blame, mine was at home. the mud drags went very well, couple jeeps with 454's in them took the show, tough truck was won by a ranger... just one question after all I have seen this weekend

why doesnt anyone have body lifts??? I'm hoping to get some of the pics up of the trucks flexing, the angles I took them from should look pretty wicked. let me know your thoughts on the body lifts...
    oh and one more thing, guy had a K5 there, I go over, start asking questions, what the lift -his answer- 7 or 8 inches-- whats it got for axles, etc, , his answer-- I dunno- almost wanted to SMACK him, learn your truck dude!

1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear, dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305

2. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Ya MudNur, I wanted to go real bad. Would have been my first time, my truck's third. Anyway work got it the way, again! Do post as many pictures as possible, I wanna see what I missed. "might have to check out the MassMudders sometime.

Dan

Real trucks don't have spark plugs!

3. Chevy409

Chevy409 Registered Member

That show was AWESOME! The show & shine usually isn't my thing but it was nice to see some mud covered rigs parked next to the freshly washed and waxed wastes. I did have to upsets however. One, I thought there were going to be MUD drags, not sand drags. And two, I tried getting a decal made up at the little trailer next to the stands and the lady somehow forgot two out of three words... I got "Built" instaed "Built not bought"... that sucked. Lotta sweet trucks though, my particuar favorite was the red blazer with 44's that was on an RTI ramp about as tall as I am. Also saw a lot of members in the Hooterville Mudders and Vermonts 4x4 club... anyone a member? My rides alomst done, it's time to start signing up for some of these things. Will post my pics too when i get them.