Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

EST Code???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Philly87, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Philly87

Philly87 1/2 ton status

Jul 14, 2000
    I have an 87 Blazer with a fuel injected 350 in it. The motor isn't stock but everything should work well with the stock computer including the cam. Sometimes the beast runs like a dream and other times it seems to have no power. The computer gives me both an EST (Electronic Spark Timing) and a lean exhaust code. I'm assuming the lean exhaust is due to the dual exhaust but I cant figure out the EST. Any suggestions?? I appreciate any input!!
  2. 87 mid canada k5

87 mid canada k5 1/2 ton status

Jul 20, 2000
    i ve got an 87 with a 305 and switched over to duals with no lean exhaust code, i'm not a certified wrencher , but i believe the o2 sensor is what's reading your exhaust. mine is located on the drivers side exhaust manifold , so i would assume that going to dual exhaust shouldn't change the volume of smog it's tasting, mine's been ok for three years , i'm not running a cross-over tube. as for the est well i dunno! good luck!!