Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

estimate

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, Sep 19, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im wanting to see about selling my k5...im coming into quite a sum of money soon and if i could sell my k5 i might have enough to pay off my loan and buy another truck.

my k5 is in reasonable shape...a day or two of making the wires look a little neater and mabye some custom paneling for the stereo and everything will look pro...

but what im wondering...is i have 2 spots of rust. In the rear quarters right at the wheel well...

im wondering what it would cost to replace, and is that a wise choice...being...will 500$ of body work result in me being able to sell it for 1000$ more? little rust, or NO rust

no camera still so use your imagination...

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

yes....
    after I get done with rust its gone... new metal in its place... and as a matter of thumb I usually work on 3 x what I think it cost me to do it as what I ask list for it... and in your neck of the woods rust is probably the norm.. here in california its the exception.. so a rust repaired (well done) I think will fetch a premium price

3. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

it just so happens that i was peeping a nada blue book today and for my truck wich is a 84 jimmy it was listed at 2200, no wkeep in mind that's for a stock jimmy, i bought my truck 6 months ago with 15k on the engine and 20k onthe tranny everything was rebuilt and i have had to do next to nothing to drive a very dependable rig(except for my modification /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif)now i paid 3200 and felt i got an excellent deal i also got a buttload of new parts for the jimmy with the deal. i don't know if this helps as i don't know the condition of your truck. but here's my two cents. hope it goes well.

p.s i wouldn't sell my truck for less than 5 /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifk now.

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

im going to go for 5-6

i got it with 600 miles on the engine and tranny...they were out of a sub (not sure of year)

its at close to 15k now

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

here is an interesting question...will detailing places detail an entire truck...underbody, engine...everything?

what can you expect to pay for that also? (<--lots of chrome)

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

they will do it, and it will cost some good coin..why not do it yourself and save a couple bills?