Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Even Napa has idiots

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by pauly383, Dec 19, 2006.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Got screwed for the first time by the Napa by my work . Guy I normally like to use isn't there , some yahoo hands me the wrong o-ring set , even after I called and ordered it .

Now the 93 is sitting with the whole adapter off , fubared lines , and me having to clean up enough to go to the 24 hour place .

Can't just drop it down and change the o-rings anyway on a 4x4 IFS truck . Too much in the way , and if the o-ring is stuck , you mess the lines seal wiggling stuff :mad::mad:

Driveshaft wouldn't break loose , even after the bolts are all taken out and I hammered on it with a drift and hammer on the case side . Had to pull the splines apart . Had to bend the support rod out of the way . Oil filter hit the yoke , so take it off , only it won't come off , had to pierce it and twist it off :doah:

2. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's weird... Usually I get screwed over by Auto Zone or Checker. Napa's been good to me so far.

Better get back and talk to the regular guy about the yahoo's f**k-up... He's in for an ass-kickin'.

The way you're telling about getting the driveshaft off and along all the other stuff to get out, that has to be a major PITA. "If" that happened to me, I woulda just gone haywire and prolly end up breaking the whole truck.
    Sorry that happened to ya. I really do not have the patience to put up with wrong parts and the PITA to get stuff taken apart when it's built that way.
    Just talk to the guy and get those o-rings swapped out.

3. pauly383

Got to take Michelle to work by 6 am now . She has a 5 pm training appointment , our Impala is in the bodyshop , she gets off at 2:30 pm , my store closes at 5pm , and she sure as hell ISN'T driving my Blazer , and the 24 hour "zone doesn't stock the o-rings or seals :doah:

4. RockinChevy

Damn that just adds more pressure to the problem. Sorry you had to go through that. I'd really like to see you have that done so it frees up your time to do other quality stuff (like 4wheeling). Just go the next day and straighten this out with the guy. If you need any help boiling the yahoo guy, pm me, I'll go wring his neck for ya. Don't let my skinny body fool ya, I will f**k him up! :haha:

5. pauly383

I am just thinking now that to at least drive I could pull a spin on adapter off another motor here and omit a front friveshaft for a dayt :thinking:

6. RockinChevy

You can get away with that. I thought you was talking about the rear shaft, I read the thread a bit too fast. I've been pouring beer into my liver all evening. My bad... but still, if you need back-up on the yahoo, I'm there...

7. pauly383

I'm a member of the NRA :wink1:

8. RockinChevy

Well, in that case... uhh what was I talking about again? :haha:

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

try working on cars. I get screwed by Napa on an almost Daily basis... Pretty much 75% of the time when someone hands me a Napa part I have to immediately say "NOPE, got it wrong again!"

10. GEORGIA GABE

GEORGIA GABE 1/2 ton status

Thats why I look up all my own parts... All day long... there is only one guy at Napa that I will let look up parts for me and he is the manager and still an idiot.

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yea, I look up my own parts for Mitsbubishis and Fords fairly often. Its more likely I'll get the right thing. Yes the dealership parts guys get it wrong pretty often.

12. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

Been there, done that! Why do you think more and more of us techs now have our own computer stations to do this lookup ourselves.....then if it's still wrong there's no one to blame but ourselves:doah:

13. pauly383

Leak fixed , good to go for 5 or 6 years :waytogo:

14. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I went to our local Napa when I did my 4" lift on my 97 K2500HD. Needed a left front half shaft. You know, the one that drives the front wheel on a 4 wheel drive truck. Moron behind the counter actually asked me if it was a 4 wheel drive truck:crazy:. No, moron, I have the special option front drive K2500:haha:. Same trip, I also need new tie rod ends. Tried to sell me the Napa brand inners (which I think are made by Moog or someone in the USA), and some off brand far east junk for the outers (clearly a different level of quality) saying they are the same parts in a different box.

I was with a couple of members here, and we all started laughing. I use Federated now. I used to use Napa all of the time, but after that experience, and the fact that Napa as a corporation supports Mikey going Toy racing, I won't anymore unless it is an emergency.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2006
  15. RockinChevy

I use Federated now.

What's that? An automotive store in your area? I wonder what affliation they have in AZ?

16. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I am sure you have some sort of a variation of Federated Auto Parts:

http://www.federatedautoparts.com/

Nationwide as far as I know.