Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever broken a body mount?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89GMCSuburban, Feb 26, 2002.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

I was flexing VERY hard when my front right (under the radiator support) broke. The washer beneath the rubber mount broke in the center. The washer was VERY rusted up top, but not at all below. Now it looks like a doughnut. Anybody ever had this happen?

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat

2. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

4 of them now I have poly mounts and regular heavy washers instead of the gm washers

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

3. StonerK5

StonerK5 1/2 ton status

Well, good thing is those mounts up front (radiator) are the easiest to replace

"Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?"
    IM nOt wEiRd, i jUsT lOvE tHe sHiFt kEy!!

4. blazbrnc

blazbrnc 1/2 ton status

I'd take a look at the rear most mounts. On the burbys I've had that mount always broke. With that long of a frame (flex) and a solid tub, something has to give.

Thank you......Detroit!

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

my buddy (mudboggad) broke that one and he and i replaced it. it wasn't technically difficult just hard to do and time consuming.

--Scott, 1989 GMC Suburban 2500 4" lift, 36" TSLs
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub>http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub</a>

6. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

The problem is that the stud is turning with the nut. To fix it for now, I got a 3/4 head nut and a washer, put the rubber doughnut on, put the broken retainer on, then put a big washer and the new nut on...works fine for now.

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat