Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever fall in love with a house that isn't yours?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Dec 18, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

We will be moving out of our house sometime in feburary-may... so we have started to see what houses are on the market. One of the ones we saw, I fell in love with. It's close to downtown, it has a fairly nice backyard (for an intown house) it has a detached double garage, ALL for me. And a seperate carport for my mom. Lot's of driveway space. 3 small bedrooms upstairs, and 2 bigger ones downstairs. A nice "living" room downstairs, and a smaller one up stairs beside the kitchen. The main thing I like about this house is; the de-tached double garage. It'd be perfect, and I'd be the only one to use it (except a few shelves for misc. boxes) and it has a heater, so I can work INSIDE in warm in there in the winter. It's also close to the hospital (where my mom works) and close to both my sisters, and my schools. The only thing is, it's been listed for a few weeks now, and we aren't looking to move until feb, minimum. So it will really suck if they sell the house before that. I THINK my mom really likes the house too. We are trying to talk to the realtor, and get them to find out when they want to sell the house.
    It would really be awesome if we bought that house.
    Any else find a house for sale, that they really liked, but there is a 50/50 chance they can't get it?

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Be respectful, don't try and kiss the house on the first date, and try and get to know the houses parents, good luck, and wear protection

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

:rotfl: :rotfl: :haha:

now now that is a different one of steve's posts

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, I've been house hunting for a few months now. Found a few I really like, but not sure when I'll be ready too move. Had planned for this comming spring, but now it may be another year before the move. Oh well, not a big issue. I'm looking at multi-level houses with with the garage as part of the basement.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yes when having relations with strange houses , one should always wear a condominium....:waytogo:

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Ohh wonderful fume, wonderful :waytogo:

7. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't so much call it a house as a place to live and hang out. Club Juan y Juan
    Imagine a bathroom with a floor length urinal and a shower big enough to hold a small swinger's convention in (not that I would). LocosMocos stumbled (we do that a lot) onto this place in San Juanico, BCS. Club Juan y Juan is Industrial Strength and was a dang good time.

8. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

The house I am sitting right now, we almost didn't get. My wife wanted it from the first time I showed it to her, but I'm self employed, so financing is a real bitch. We finally did a lease purchase option for a year, and finally found a broker who would finance us.That was 6 months ago. Now I am looking at building my 30X40 shop this spring or summer. This is the first home my wife has ever owned and she is proud of it. It is 3600+ square feet, 7 bedrooms, library, 600 sq ft family room, hottub in the master bath, but NO garage. That is why my Blazer is still not being driven, too cold to work on. I hope your family gets the house that you like. If not, that means there's a better one waiting for you.

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Every day, you ought to see some of the monster jobs we supply to. Kind of sucks dealing with houses where the kitchen cost more than my house. But one day soon we shall begin building ours. I see 150+ plans a year I know what I want in a house now.

10. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

i saw a couple of interesting places yesterday. they both had bigger garages than houses hahaha thats what im talking about! I could sit around for a month straight working on plans for the perfect garage house combo and still be close to finishing them. But I think that building your own is a wonderful thing also. I would like to start out by building something moderate like a 32' x 32' garage with a gambrel roof on it for living spoace above. ample room for 2 bed kitchen, bath, and living room. also since house is upstairs would be so nice to have a deck out front over garage doors and possibly a "private" one out back off the master bedroom. just something to live comfortably in and have enough room to work on big truxx in. :waytogo:

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

What's the MLS #, Steve? I've been following the Cranbrook market VERY closely for about 6 months and I can tell you how long any given listing has been active. There are quite a few homes that have been on the market for almost 6 months with little or no action.

Here's a link to the Cranbrook MLS page. Just fill in the appropriate info and see if you can find the house in question. I'll be able to tell you if it might stay on the market until your mom is ready to buy!!!!

Cranbrook MLS page

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

13. Can Can

Well, Steve, if memory serves me correctly, that unit has been on the market for less than a month. My realtor works for the Blue Sky office so next time I talk to her I'll ask about it.

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Less than a month? Okay.
    Whos your realtor?

15. Can Can

Gail Ballance with Blue Sky Realty. She's a real sweetheart. Believe it or not, she actually has a conscience and refuses to sell us anything that isn't a sound investment. We spent about 12 hours looking at houses with her this summer/fall and somtimes I felt like I was with my mom- she would rather ensure that her customers are getting the best bang for their buck instead just "making a sale". Trust me when I tell that nowadays realtors with ethics are very far and few between.....

If your mom hasn't chosen a realtor yet I would recommend she gets in touch with Gail.

16. 86dieselburb

86dieselburb 1/2 ton status

If the house is something you really like and it's in your price range. Have your realtor write up an offer with a 45 or 60 day escrow. February is only 6 weeks away. Most escrows take 30-45 days anyways. I assume Canada is the same as the US in regards to escrow.

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I don't know what an escrow is, but my mom asked the realtor to ask the owners of the house when they wanted to move out.
    Paul, I think our realtor is Sandy Smith, we delt with her last year, along with Jeanie Argatoff. Because whenever we see a house, she meets us there. I guess shes the realtor. I never heard my mom asking about realtors, I guess she just wanted Sandy?
    Thanks for the help Paul!

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've had my eye on a house for about 4 months now, apparently it has nobody interested in it. its in rough condition, but providing the price is right, that can be made a non-issue. looking to have my best friend move in with me, and neither of us are scared of a little bit of work to get the place livable. 3 1/2 acres, a detached 2 car garage, and a full unfinished basement (to be finished to our liking) make the deal very sweet. just gotta make sure my job is secure before i do anything.

19. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

No Canada is not the same in regards to escrow. Never hear it brought up unless in regards to a real estate deal in the US.

Rene