Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever get in one of those moods?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zcarczar, Dec 15, 2003.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I im one of those moods right where if someone walked up to me with $10,000 they could have my blazer and all the parts along with it. I am so pissed at the stupid thing right now, no matter what I try to fix or upgrade on it it turns into a great big huge fiasco that ends up taking twice as long as it should have. Ugh I swear when I get this damn thing running again im not touching it for awhile. Ok I'll shutup now.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I ahve those moods all the time(if someone gave me 10k for the K5 I'd be a fool not to take it), however I do get in moods sometimes where anyone with a buck in their pocket could have it. Too bad you'd have to be in my face at that moment and most people wouldn't want to be that close to me when I'm in such a mood.

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

yep, just last week.

the day after i bought the truck took it for a spin, forgot that my hubs where locked in and boom the drive shaft hits the oil pan and punches a hole in it and i didn't realize it. drove it 2 miles around the block. when i get home my dad says that my front driveshaft is hanging down. i crawl under there and see this big hole in the pan. so i park it. (i think 2 miles aint bad with no oil, ill just put a pan on there and its wil be good as new /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

whell in the mean time my dad sells his 78 blazer to my friend.

the next day while i wasn't home, he finly gets it runin takes it down the road and the rear shaft comes off and he can't go any where. (he was 500 ft down the road.) he comes back grabs my strap, jumps in my truck and takes it down the road, gets it into place leafes it runnin while he hooks up the strap, and tows the blazer back by him self, (so it took a while) un hooks the strap and puts my truck back where i had it.

when i get home he i notised he moved the blazer, he told me what had happened, that he used my truck..... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif i told him that IT HAD NO OIL IN IT AT ALL. he said that it didn't run that long. so i out a pan in it anyway. started it up and it is knocking on like 6 rods /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Oh well, i had a new motor sitting in the garage and this motor was tired anyway (225,000) so i desided to swap it in. WOO HOO it runs. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

i drive it for about 900 miles with the new motor. my dad buys the plow that was on the truck. we are building a pole barn and need to move some sand around.

i get most of the sand moved around with the plow and when i go to put it in reverse and it goes nowhere, put it in drive and it goes nowhere. so i gas it and it lunges forward, back to reverse, and nowhere, so i give it alittle right foot, and it lunges again.i stop and check fluid, it was 2 quarts low, so i try it again still nowhere. i punch it and back it all the way to the road. so i desided to swap the tranny.

i had a 2wd 700r4 ready to go but it was 2wd. i tear it apart and throw a 4wd shaft in it. then when i go to take the tranny out i drained to tcase and i only get about 1/2-3/4 quart. it pisses me off and i finly desided it wasn't the tcase and continued to pull the tranny. i put the new one in and put the tcase back in and start filling it with fluid and i smell gas. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.giflook over and the tank is leaking /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i get the tcase filled and se that the t case is leaking bad from the front output seal /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i was at the point that i was willing to give it away. i replaces the seal in the t case but still need to put a new tank in it. and it is freezing out. so i will continue to drive it until the pole barn is done. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Sorry for the rant and the hijacking /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I am so pissed at the stupid thing right now, no matter what I try to fix or upgrade on it it turns into a great big huge fiasco that ends up taking twice as long as it should have. Ugh I swear when I get this damn thing running again im not touching it for awhile. Ok I'll shutup now.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

This sounds like my post from a couple weeks ago /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now your starting to scare me /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This sounds like my post from a couple weeks ago

[/ QUOTE ]

If you saw how much I worked on my truck you would see why I get soo pissed off when it doesnt work like it should. I think I need to get a girlfriend so I quit spending so much time and money on this truck. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

never. i get frustrated when a 1 day job takes a week, sure... but unless Im literally going hungry, I aint selling my rig...ever.

j

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

yup i get in a mood like that every time i have to push my ford off the road... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

been pissed at mine but not enough to sell it yet!

9. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think I need to get a girlfriend so I quit spending so much time and money on this truck

[/ QUOTE ]

I always tell people my truck is like my old fat girlfriend...all it does is f*** me and take my money...it's ugly and I'm ashamed of it, but it's too good to get rid of...

I learned to never do anything to my truck when I'm mad at it....I put a motor in my 79 that I regretted from day one...drove it about 40K, found my 89, parked my 79 for 2 years, sold it cheap, and the motor dropped a valve or something soon after...I miss that truck every day...but I know it has a great new owner that treats it better than I did....

10. stu454

stu454 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I always tell people my truck is like my old fat girlfriend...all it does is f*** me and take my money...it's ugly and I'm ashamed of it, but it's too good to get rid of...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the best description for an old truck that I have EVER heard!

11. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my old fat girlfriend...all it does is f*** me and take my money...it's ugly and I'm ashamed of it, but it's too good to get rid of...

[/ QUOTE ]

You know my old girlfriend too /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    parked my 79 for 2 years, sold it cheap, and the motor dropped a valve or something soon after...I miss that truck every day...but I know it has a great new owner that treats it better than I did....

[/ QUOTE ]

That's Muddin's truck now ain't it?

I don't usually get pissed at my truck, I get pissed at myself. The thing that do go wrong are either plain old wear and tear or I fukked up. It's pretty hard to get mad at machinery...

I'll never voluntarily sell my Jimmy.

Rene

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    look over and the tank is leaking /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    And I dont miss all the rust worms one bit after moving out west /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That's Muddin's truck now ain't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is...and she has done a great job with it...

I owned that truck for about 17 years...tripped over a deal on this 89 , one owner , garage kept, non smoker, car tire, hard loaded, 44K mile for $5000 about 6 yrs ago and just couldn't pass it up...as much as I love this truck, it will never have the personality of that 79 (or the 73 I owned for 5 yrs before that)....

15. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i used to work on my truck every day after school, up intill a month ago when i started to get tired of fixing things and something else going bad over and over, i just tryed ot enjoy the truck and realize its never ganna be perfect...its 17 years old for crying out load..but then i didnt have a job, and i noticed even more the shitty milage my truck got, so i got my s-10 now for that, truck is on its way out..(selling it), and the carb just started acting up on it, i will miss it yes...but, it just gets old after a while. its not like ive had it for years either...havnt even had it a year yet..so im not toally attached to it or nothin..but my next truck is going to be fuel injected i know that much!

16. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i have yet to get frustrated about my luv. Mosre often its my dad and i get mad at eachother becouse we have diferent undewrstandings of something. I just go and read the shop manaul and its all good. I just dont like my ford becouse its not reliable and i dont have anymore money to put into it, that and its get 12mpg on a good day. Ill take my isuzu mini trucks over that any day /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

17. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Hey Stu,
    Nice pic in your sig, but do you think you could make that a little more dial-up friendly? A little shrinking would be nice /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

been there, done that. all those little things that dont warrant time spent on em (stained carpet, bent exhaust pipe....check engine light - damn rich codes)

yea, K5Jimmy, borrowed your quote /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif