Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever get run over?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NE79, Jan 15, 2003.

1. NE79

NE79 1/2 ton status

Last night, my friend and i went out for a bicycle ride. On the way home, we crossed an intersection where a guy was stopped at a stop sign. My friend slowed and made eye contact with the guy in the car, and proceeded through the intersection. When he was right in front of the car, the car accelerated, running into my friend, thowing him on the hood. The guy did not stop or even slow. Thankfully my friend was thrown clear and was OK. Bike is trashed, though.
    When i saw my friend get up, i ran after the car and got the plate. Called the cops, gave a report.
    Why are people assholes? If the guy in the car would have stopped, he would have to buy my friend a new bike. Now, he won't have a license and will have much higher insurance when he gets it back.
    Sorry, had to get it out.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    My friend slowed and made eye contact with the guy in the car, and proceeded through the intersection. When he was right in front of the car, the car accelerated, running into my friend, thowing him on the hood

[/ QUOTE ]
    Now thats a brain fart! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

3. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

That's kind of a weird coincidence, just yesterday afternoon, I was giving my friend a ride home, and passed by an accident scene where a kid was hit by a car. The kid turned out to be one of my friend's neighbors, he has a fractured skull and a broken leg. I think he said the car was doing 30 when it happened.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    , he won't have a license and will have much higher insurance when he gets it back

[/ QUOTE ] yeah, right after he gets out of jail, he was most likely drunk, the stupid ****.... /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    If I drink and drive it's only behind the wheel of the puter... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

I saw something like that once, only bad thing was the poor kid wasnt going to get away from the accident he was like 10or12 and was killed. And the worst part the guy who hit him was nowhere to be found.

6. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

I got hit crossing at an intersection and the lady actually tried to sue for the damage to her car. My parents filed a suit for the doctor bills we both had the same insurance so the insurance just paid us both to end the whole thing.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yep, I used to commute on a bike and was hit 3 times in 2 years. Certainly keeps you on your toes. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font color>