Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever had a bad day...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by fordeater, Dec 21, 2004.

1. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, of course it does. My day today was pretty good, then i got home from work and it went down hill really fast. Then the wife calls me and tells me she got rear ended driving home from shopping. She said she her neck and back were hurting, so i tried to comfort as she drove home. Then, she drove home and i asked if she was ok, and she was, and then i asked if she got the persons information, and she didn't. So, being the stupid, immature, fairly new husband(one year) that I am, i got mad that she didn't get the information. Man, i realized that i'm not any good at all at this being a husband junk, and that i still have quite the temper. So, now i have myself in this gigantic hole that i have to climb out of. If only i would just quit doing stupid sh!t and grow up. Anyways, vent over. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

doug

2. woods

woods Registered Member

I got one better for you, I'm getting wrote up and put back on 12 hr shifts currently deployed in the Middle East for changing out of uniform 10 MINS EARLY, even though I'm immediately going to the gym as soon as I get off shift. And the only person that has a problem with this is 1 staff sergeant, who unfortunately is above me. So now I'm in trouble for a totally ****ing lame ass reason that everyone knows is bull**** but nobody is doing anything to stop it not my first shirt or my captain, and this further shows me why I'm getting out of the military. But they haven't decided the punishment yet but if all I get is an LOR I won't do much, but if they try to give me an Article 15 or Article 91, I'm going to bring that ****ing dick head down, he's the most corrupt piece of **** I've ever meet.

3. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

monday

woke up at 5:30
    start k5 5:35
    leave for work 5:50
    5:51 gov locked locked up
    6:00 drag it home with the front axle rears binding and skipping
    6:05 start 2nd truck 95 s10 jimmy
    7:00 make it to work
    9:00 start first car (for those who dont know as a mechanic your not working you dont get paid when theres no cars you dont have work, you think lost of folks drive their porsche in december when its 17 degress and snowing)
    10:30 have inter mediate shaft slip casuing timing to jump and bend valves
    2:30 have motor on ground (motor pulled for free, as a mechanic when **** happens you fix it for free)
    3:45 motor torn down
    4:00 order $450 worth of parts (also as a mechanic you pay for the parts you break)
    4:30 replace valves and reassemble engine
    7:15 significat other calls car makign funny noises have to come now
    7:30 changed washed and in my truck
    8:00 funny noises from, under hood of jimmy
    8:05 hood open and shreded belt noticed
    8:35 walked to napa bought belt
    9:00 walked back took off belt remains
    9:03 found belt shreded becasue water pump had 3/4 of an inch of play in the bearings
    9:15 called tow truck
    10:45 tow truck shows up
    11:05 jimmy dumped in drive way
    11:30 significats car needs water pump as well
    12:00 at murrays 24 hour autoparts buy 2 water pumps and some coolant
    but they dont have gaskest for the jimmys water pump "must have falen out of box"
    12:30 home
    1:15 significants car fixed shes on her way home
    1:30 in k5 with locked up rear end on icy streets doing reverse slams and neutral drops and a few doughtnuts fish tails ect
    1:45 gov lock unlocked decied to pull cover next day at work
    2:15 sss (**** shower shave)
    2:30 asleep for work to be up at 530

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Anger Management

Hey fordeater.

The closer you get to 30 the more you tend to mellow. The first few years of a relationship seem to be the toughest. Give yourself some credit for recognizing what you did and understanding you have to work on it. Just apologize and move on. A relationship is a work in progress until the day you die. You will have ups and downs year after year, so if you learn to take it in stride you will last a lot longer. Anger is a normal emotion.

I'm a 22 year veteran and have managed to hang onto one of my balls. We still have our arguments from time to time, just a part of it. Try your best to find humor in the situation and diffuse yourself before losing it.

It could have been much worse than it was.

:waytogo:

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

hmmmm 1:30 sounds pretty fun:grin:

6. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i forgot to mention that the cell phone got trashed during the process of it all.

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Hang in there. Hope everything works out. I know it will.

8. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Your deployed and you guys weren't already on 12's?? If you can't get any help from your COC then you are kind of screwed. No offense but that crap usually don't fly on troops unless they have a bad reputation already. Not saying you do since I don't know you. But I have been in the Mil for almost 7 years and have seen a few things. If all else fails the LOR will most likely not go to your home station when you leave.

9. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I don't know what to say really...while you may have a COC thats a PITA, it didn't happen in a day. All I do know, is if I was your immediate senior-I'd stand up for you IF I told you to go ahead and change over to PT gear...if not, I'd leave you hanging too IF it was a regular occurance (a track record of it happening, w/o permission). For what its worth, its not a real big deal to be out of uniform for 10 mins.....seriously, what are they gonna do, put you on restriction? (your in Iraq)

Anyhow, be safe out there. Good luck.

Addition (edit) to address Fordeater...dude, I'd be pissed too but whats done is done, and all you can do if move on and I'd make damn sure she understands she needs to freakin get the other drivers info before leaving the scene. Hope ya'll have good insurance. I dont encourage fraud, but 'i came out of my house this morning and the rear end of my car was damaged...'. ....