Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever had a US Congressman visit your place of employment?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beast388, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I will today.....US Congressman Jim Nussle from Iowa. It seems strange to have these politicians out in public, it isn't an election year or anything. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

It is kind of a waste of time, we have to spend time making sure everything is clean and presentable. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif At least it gives me an excuse to clean my desk. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But regardless, it should be interesting. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

The head of the NSA has showed up here before, but never a Congressman. Heck, if a congressman came here, I'd slip him a note begging to get me out of here. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

You should join the military. Seems like we are always having General So & So or Commander of this and that coming through. 9 times out of 10 they "might" come into our building but never come into our shop

4. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

George W. Bush came to our Middle school about 5 or 6 years ago when he was still gov. of Texas

5. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

Daddy Bush walked the floor we were on in the Enron bldg when he was prez. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Ive never seen a congressmen here at the airport, but we had Ma Richards stop by when she was the governor(thank God GW beat her), Senator Phil Gramm, Kay Bailey Hutchinson and George Bush when he was governor.

7. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Here in Portland on Thursday the Prez will be here. They have already started to arrest protesters. Ater he leaves Portland he is going to Camp Sherman Oregon to disscuss forest thinning...just so happens two fires broke out there yesterday...Coincidence...Hmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

8. gmule

gmule 1/2 ton status

George Bush Sr came to my place of employment when he was running against Clinton. That was pretty cool

9. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

And now there is a grass fire were The Prez is going to speak here in Portland at The University of Portland... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. DieselBurb

DieselBurb 1/2 ton status

We've had an the Undersecretary of Defense, an Adjunct General of the National Guard, and a 2 star General visit on 3 seperate occasions. All 3 came in on Blackhawks. That was kewl. One of the pilots buzzed the building I'm in and did a quick, or hot, landing. It was sweeeeet.

11. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Over the years, my places of employment (air station, hangar, ship) have been visited by:
    -Clinton in '95 (he actually stood at the front gate of MCAS Tustin in CA and waved traffic in for like 10 min! Couple guys I know who got a Presidential wave said there were like 20 Secret Service guys around the gate with their hands in their jackets. Too bad it was just politics and not because he appreciates what we do... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif)
    -Gore in '00. A couple of us got to go inside Air Force Two (that day it was an Air Force 757) and check it out... NICE! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif Many tax dollars spent there...
    -3 different Secretaries of Defense: Perry, Cheney, and another one I can't remember.

The following people I've actually met and spoken to in my various workplaces:
    -3 Commamdants of the Marine Corps: Gen. Mundy, Gen. Krulak, and Gen. Jones (4-star generals).
    -Admiral Boorda when he was Chief of Naval Operations, a couple months before he killed himself (4-star admiral).
    -More 3, 2, and 1-star generals and admirals then I could shake a stick at.
    -Rep. Curt Weldon stops by our hangar in PA fairly often.
    -Sen. Joe Biden came to our PA hangar once.
    -Tom Ridge, when he was PA governor.
    -Ed Rendell, when he was Mayor of Philadelphia.

I've been lucky enough to sit in the President's seat in the VH-3D and VH-60N helicopters that are Marine One; benefits of knowing a couple Marine One crewchiefs. VERY comfortable seats, the most comfy seats I've ever sat in. Kinda surreal to sit in a seat that is occupied by the President of the United States on a regular basis... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

12. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

My dad is a retired state senator... I've met them all. Kennedys, Reagan, Ford, and a host of others. Never met Nixon... Then Dad retired...

I never had one visit my place of work before but my place of work happend to be near the state capital (Sacramento) and I was doing a job for the legislators hookin up thier PA for a banquet. I left before the banquet started but I knew them all anyways. They're just normal egotistical errogant sobs who live the good life and really have no idea what they are doing... Just like everyone else in the government...... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Rep. George Miller came to a celebration of life for a guy that I knew that was killed in a car wreck a few years ago.

Outside of that, met some Oklahoma US represenative way back in the day, but never saw one while I was in the military.

14. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Ummm no.... but about 2 weeks after I quit my job at the hotel, VP Cheney made a surprise visit for lunch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

NOTHING exciting happened during the year I worked there (except the old lady driving her car into the restaurant and meeting Aaron Lewis)... then I quit and [I love Jeeps] happens... oh well... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

I work for the Navy at the 1st shipyard and we have had several visit including the VP not too long ago. Wait until base closure starts up again we will have more visits.