Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever had one of those day?....LONG

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by big pappa b, Sep 25, 2003.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

So I get a day off to work on the K5. Neen waiting all week to finish making the seats brackets, install tach and other guages and a few other things. All is well...so far.
    So I start on the seat brackets. Passenger side was almost done anyway all that is left to do is trim the steel plate closer to the brackets and drill holes in the angle iron tomount the seat to the new bracket. I picked up a couple new grinder discs at work the other night...DAMN..wrong size arbor hole /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Don't have time to go to the parts store to get more cause son has a football game soon. Put away drill press and other tools.
    Decide to put the tach in. Still deciding whether to mount on the steering column or near the A pillar. Either way< I still have enough wire. Get it grounded, hook up wire to distributor then realize I have no spade terminal to connect to fuse box. During the next few minutes laying under the dash I find that for some reason I am getting no readings on my volt meter. Hmmmm. Everything was fine the other day when I put in my new Optima and had it running..Crap..battery is dead WTF!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I find the ignition switch wasn't quite back all the way so I must have left it on for about 5 days..oops. The steering column was for a 3 speed on the column and I now have a 4 speed on the floor. I got the key all the way back by rotating the column a bit...NOW I CAN'T SEEM TO TURN THE FREAKING KEY FORWARD TO START IT.
    <font color="red"> OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS HERE </font>
    Frustration has long since set in.
    Hopefully tomorrow things will go better. The battery will be charged, I can get new grinding discs and spade terminals later tonight or in the morning and maybe someone will be able to tell me about my ignition switch. Key is stuck in the locked position. I can take the key out but can't turn it at all..HELP

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

if it wont turn at all..did it ever feel like it was binding up? if so you might have a bad ignition switch or actuator binding up...just a thought...good luck

3. big pappa b

It was working fine before..no hint of a problem. When I rotated the column up, like you would put in in park, then I waas able to turn the key to the off or lock position. Now, it's still in the lock position and I can't turn my freakin key. time for a toggle switch

4. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Like "Confedneck " said the ignition switch is bad. Mine went out with out notice. Came home from work, cleaned up then went to go to dinner and the @#$%@! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif key would not turn no matter what I did. Changing out the switch was easy, just a pain that I had to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif that's what you get for working on your truck on government time!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. big pappa b

Re: Ever had one of those day?.....UPDATE

First off, as you know, when you're in the military..IT'S ALL THEIR TIME /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

So I go out with a fresh mindset after thinking of this all night. I stick the key in without doing anything at all and it works fine...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
    I even tried moving the column around to get it to jam up again but couldn't..Oh well, better leave well enough alone

7. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: Ever had one of those day?.....UPDATE

[ QUOTE ]
    First off, as you know, when you're in the military..IT'S ALL THEIR TIME /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very true. i have proof of that everytime my shop calls me at home to ask me stupid questions!!! which has been quite oftem here lately. sucks don't it!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif