Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever heard of trailmaster springs???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEGALADON, Dec 9, 2006.

1. MEGALADON

MEGALADON 1/2 ton status

I called auto zone for front replacement springs on my 82 gmc 1500 p/k.
    They have to order them from trailmaster and are 96.99 a piece. Mine have
    a real sag to them now and need to be replaced. Anyone know if these are good springs?? I still want a good smooth ride. I never heard of trailmaster

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Trailmaster have been around for years. Old school lift stuff though. Are these lift springs? or stock replacment? I didn't think that trailmaster made replacement springs.

3. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

Trailmaster is one of few that make new stock repalcement springs.

4. MEGALADON

MEGALADON 1/2 ton status

They are for stock replacement. I just want to make sure I don't buy
    junk, or some stiff as* spring :wink1:

5. makovai

makovai 1/2 ton status

I've had a number of trailmaster lift kits, they aren't junk. Prolly aint the best but it is far from junk.

I didn't know they made stock replacements, but i doubts its junk.

6. MEGALADON

MEGALADON 1/2 ton status

THANKS

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Second this.

TM makes stock replacements, yep. I used to have a catalog from TM back in the late 80's and they listed stockers for just about every truck out there.

TM used to be a big name in suspension stuff "back in the day". Don't know why or what happened that they are not as known as other names like Superlift or Skyjacker. I do know they are about as old school as Rancho and Rough Country.

8. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

how are rancho springs for these trucks??

9. thatK30guy

Depends on which ones you get. Rancho makes firm and softride springs. Many others have said the soft ride springs still ride too firm but all the ones I've ridden weren't too bad at all.

There are a few part numbers of different springs that Rancho makes. Or made, that is. I don't think they make the really soft springs which had like 9 thin leaves in the pack. These were only available in 2" or 2.5" lift.
    Then there is the discontinued 6" springs they made. 9 leaves in the pack with a military wrap on the forward main eye bushing. I've got a pair of these in the shed and am keeping these as "antique" springs since they're not made anymore.
    The common 2.5" and 4" springs they make are still readily available on the market today. Both in firm and softride. I have a catalog with all the numbers if needed.

10. iwaxmyjimmy

well im thinkin about gettin some soft 2.5 springs and then doing a zero rate front and rear so i can trim up and fit 37s and if i got to ill put a 1inch body lift on it. skyjacker has some softride add-a-leaves are they any good??

11. thatK30guy

Yes, better than Ranchos.

12. iwaxmyjimmy

well the plot thickens also how does it feel to have on a good bra, thatK30guy??

13. thatK30guy

:haha:

Dont wear them anymore. Ever since I hit the weights, my chest has tightened up and chiseled out better so my man-boobs don't need support anymore. :wink1: :D :haha:

14. iwaxmyjimmy

nice lol wow ok i gotta a question what would yall do if someone told u this about a 14 bolt he would sale u and it has 5.13 gears and a detroit locker:I do have the hubs for it. I took them off to check out the spindles when I bought it to se if they were in good shape. They were and I just never put them back on. I have the stock spring plates on it but I also have a set of new ones that can be placed on the tube where you need them. I also have the disc calipers and rotors for it to make it have disc, all you will need is the mounting bracket which runs I think 80 bucks. If you want to give me the measurements from center of spring to center of spring I can mount those spring plates and cut the others off.? The easiest way to asheville is to hit I-40 and don't turn until you drive into asheville. I tell you what I will take $200 for the axle and if you want a set of 8 lug hummer street legal beadlocks I have with 36" tires on it I will take $500 for all.? Give me a ring during the day (yall aint gettin his number)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

the 80's ??:doah: j/k, i had a TM lift.they were stiff but thats cuz i took the springs for a deisel. i did not want to wait another three weeks,i already waited 6 weeks.:rolleyes: i had an in line six in that truck.but they were strong,i jumped that truck all the time.:haha: i'm wondering if BDS didn't buy out trailmaster? they are both in coldwater,MI.one goes away and the other pops up??:thinking: