Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ever just have no motivation?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Feb 12, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yeah no surprise but I have none at the moment. I should be at the garage working on the S10. I have everything to put the 383 together. I could have had it together and fired up by now if I really wanted. I also have everything to fab the transmission/transfer case crossmember for the doubler, again I just haven't. I need to finish the cage work, plumb the fuel system, mount a few things, get tires, fab shock mounts, and it is ready to hit the trails.... So wtf am I doing sitting on my ass? I just can't get motivated to go over to the garage and work on it. I think school ruined me. I worked in a nice shop where I had room to work, light to see, and a welder that I could do quality work with, now I come home and have none of that :rolleyes: I need a new welder and a bender. Doesn't help that I work 6 days a week for my dad who then yells at me about why I haven't gotten anything done on the S10(while he sits in a lounge chair and takes a nap because he too is warn out from a days work). Ahh life is wonderful. I have no money to buy tires, I think if I could see the 42"s on it I'd get a little more motivated... Soon hopefully. Stupid whiny rant, commentary, thing, off.

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I excell in lazyosity.

3. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

i dont suffer from laziness.

i enjoy ever second of it..

or at least thats what my the shirt my mother in law bought me says.

everybody is entitled to a litte laziness.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i have a huge lack of motovation. i hardly ever get things done, i think it is the sites faullt, talk about it but never actualy get around to doing it

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

i take it you have a heated garage? Ive been working 40 hrs a week than coming home and swaping a motor in 25-30* weather. Believe me, it takes alot of motivation for that!!! im starting to get to that point now where i just dont wanna go out there anymore! ah, maybe once i get the bed pulled and the frame cut ill get motivated:rolleyes::p:

6. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

You are SOOOOOO lucky!! I go to work outside and it is -15 or 20. Work outside all day, then try to work on my rigs outside. I"m damned tired of wrenches sticking to my skin, not to mention nuts and bolts. I sure wish June would get here, so it would stay above freezing at night.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no I don't have a heated garage, so that doesn't help the motivation at all. The new garage will be heated, so I'm kinding of expecting to become motivated when the S10 is finally in my own backyard and in a heated, new, bigger, better lit garage.

8. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Im guilty also, Im getting secretaries arse.

9. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

i could of had my truck driveing 3 months ago...all i needed to do is finish grinding down one caliper and fix the break lines...3 months ago....

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

You should invite the SPONGE over Sled Dog, im sure hed be willing to help, he lives right by you.:laugh:

Also the motivation thing, its gone up to 5 or 6 shots of expresso in the morning to get the morning started. :D That might "fix" it. :D

Jacob

11. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

not that i have no motivation,,,,,,i am just lazy:D

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

If by "right by you" you mean 2 hours away, yes he does, haha.

Morning? who has a morning? I'm at work for every morning during the week and when I get a free morning I use it to catch up on sleep. Someday I will get motivated and finish this damn S10!! I am really thinking about tubing the front end now.... Think this coming weeks pay may go towards a bender...

13. freeflow

freeflow 1/2 ton status

Yeah the big thing is having a heated garage-our garage is insulated but not heated so going out there to work on the burban is getting harder to do with this cold weather- big jacket ,gloves just make it to hard to work on stuff and u cant pick up wrenches or bolts and the gloves end up soaking wet with some kind of fluid.

One more year till a big heated garage- i cant wait:D

brad

14. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Scratch that mabey then:doah: :haha:

15. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

its way less than 2 hours or something i think

16. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

All I need to do to finish my welding trailer is a couple of wire runs... but Ive been at it so long that it sat all weekend while I did other honeydos....Im just burned out on it

it was like it was speaking to me from the shop... "here I am you lazy bastard come get me if you dare"... .. oh well.. I sat down here and typed to you guys instead... sometimes I think if I wait long enough work will do itself...
    it never does mommy... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa