Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever just have one of those scares?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, May 1, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

When I got home I decided I wanted to see if I could power brake without starting out. Normally I start out in first gear then slam the gas and brake and just let loose. Today I stopped halfway up my driveway and dropped the clutch at like 2000 rpms. Broke loose then all I ahd to do was apply brake and gas and I was burning the right rear off(damn open) all in all I moved maybe 2 feet forward. Anyway I went in the house and got my camera and then came back out to take a picture of my new Skyjacker lift spring that arrived today(yay), then I looked and bam there is a still dripping puddle of anti freeze under the K5! After a few minutes I found it was just the top heatercore hose but wow was that scary for a couple minutes!

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> OK, if you ever make one of those "I hate my truck, it always breaks on me" please refer back to this post... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </font>

3. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

I thought you were going to say,you launched your rig into the garage

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I feel cheated. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

scared of coolant? blahh its just sweat from all that horsepower man.... wait until you get a puddle of milky brown.. then you can be scared, hah

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah but a brand new alost $2000 motor puking antifreeze out of anywhere but around the radiator is a very scary sight.

7. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

IMHO power braking a set of 33" tires is not the best idea, especially on a newly rebuilt engine, assuming your sig is correct. Again IMHO if you want something to power brake sell your rig to some who will use it for something other than seeing how much rubber they can burn and go buy a RICER. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif It is all fun and games till you blow up an axle. Some people should be slapped.

Let the flaming begin.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

umm or shutup? its my rig I will do what I like and I am already buying a new rig(90 GMC), ricers look like crap spewing smoke from the front makes me think its exploding, RPMs weren't spiked very high, and its getting new axles before I sell it cause these are junk. Whats wrong with smoking off your tires a little? I pay for them not you. They are a pretty hard compound and smoke and scream but don't burn much off. The motor is more than well broken in, its about a 1000 miles past break in, you suppossed to baby it forever? A motor that never gets opened up will never have anything when you finally go to open it up. I had a friend whos 5.0 mustang automatic ran a 17.5 in the 1/4 cause some grandma drove it since new and never ever ever opened it up. You think spinning your tires in mud and rocks is easier on the rig?

9. Okiemuddog

UMM, yes spinning your tires on rocks is easier on your rig! the is just having to pull it own weight verses having to pull its self and fight the force of the brake friction. It is hell on the clutch and the drivetrain. Your buds moosetongue ran a 17 in the 1/4 because it is a Ford POS. I used to eat them all the time with my Z-28. You are right, it is your rig and you pay for the carnage, but that little abuse now might leave you stranded on a trail one day. My parting statement is, when your rig is broke and sitting in your driveway I am going to /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif when you come here whining about it and remind you of this post.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

have fun doing so. can't tell why you have that statement in your signature. And did I say it was harder on the rig to spin in mud and rock? nope just that its hard on it.

11. Okiemuddog

[ QUOTE ]
    You think spinning your tires in mud and rocks is easier on the rig?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why yes, I do believe that you said that.

12. SCOTTS_4X

SCOTTS_4X 1/2 ton status

my god, if you can't powerbrake your rig without tossing an axleshaft or exploding your diff/R&amp;P, then I CERTAINLY don't want to be on the trail behind YOU. I hate to say it, but if you break something pwerbraking ONE friggin tire, you needed to open it up anyways cause something was already starting to go south.

-Scott

13. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It never fails. Everytime I go to the parts store in my truck I freak out. I park my truck in the lot and go inside. I walk outside see fluid puddles under my truck (that are alot larger then my normal fluid loss) and in my head for a second I always say oh [censored]. Then I realize it was the 25000 other people vehicles that parked there that caused the puddles. Not mine.

14. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    wait until you get a puddle of milky brown.. then you can be scared, hah

[/ QUOTE ]
    i think thats what happens when someone scares you

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yes I think it is, and sorry I thought I said do you think its easy on the rig not easier.