Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever miss it? aka my idiocy post

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 29, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Followed a lifted K5 up the highway yesterday. It had rained really hard and there was a lot of water across one of the roads. The only vehicles to go right through the water were the lifted K5, me, and a semi. I just looked at the little cars doing 5 mph going around it and smiled. But the K5 just looked good. Dual exhaust, 1/2 ton axles, 35 Mud Terrains. The guy drove like me, hit the on ramp started to body roll and accelerated /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Made me miss my K5s... In case you don't know, they are all gone in the name of smaller and lighter and off road performance. Started by building a daily driver/trail rig, turned it into a hardcore trail rig that never got finished, now I have nothing(s10 somewhere else waiting to get a v8 and be on its way to my new trail rig). God I'm a stupid web wheeler... so anyone have a similar story? or ramble I guess...

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

After trading my last (and first) K5 to a friend for a stock K5 and a set of 1-ton axles I missed the old one. The new one is five times more capable now, but I miss the older, smaller one sometimes. It was lifted 4", had 3/4 tons with 4.88's and a rear detroit and rolled on 36" TSL's. It had a semi-quiet 50 series flowmaster 3" exhaust and a 700R4/241/350. I really miss driving down the street with it and watching everyone's head turn as I hummed along (tires) to the next trail... or to work. Off road there really isn't anything to miss, rust makes me not care about body damage, the tires are HUGE and the exhaust is loud (open headers /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif) I could go on more but I think my post is already too long... damn this new england weather and it's 4:00 sunset!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

You never invite me to go riding. I have a K5 for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You never invite me to go riding. I have a K5 for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not quite finished yet. When I'm done mounting the shocks, bumpers and winch I will let you know. Should, hopefully, just be a few more days. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif It is really REALLY hard to do anything without a job. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Anyone know of some openings? I'd gladly move to another state!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif