Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever pull an all nighter on the k5?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 8, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm thinking I should go outside and pull an all nighter. I can't sleep and all I keep thinking about is stuff I have to do on it. I have 9 hours before I have to be at work. Only problem is both my damn 4.5" grinders are busted! Broke one so got another and that thing came broken. Wouldn't turn off now it won't turn on. I need them to do a lot of the work I need. I bet I could get my snorkle airbox made, battery relocated, dana 44 removed, 14 bolt located under the rig, gas tank out yet tonight. ugh to work or not to work

2. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Only problem is both my damn 4.5" grinders are busted!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news for your neighbors!

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

what are neighbors? oh those people 100 yards from the garage that couldn't hear me in the middle of the day? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I set my alarm for 5 o'clock. I will be groggy then but out to the garage I go before work.

4. A&P

A&P Registered Member

You might just try switching the trigger switches from one grinder to the other. That same issue happened to one of my friends. Just pop open the busted one and see what you think. We actually ended up using a trigger from an ancient circular saw. Works now though. Anyways, good luck.
    Ben

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

At least once a month. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

GO FOR IT!!! [darn] THE NEIGHBORS...we do. LOL

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Those ryobi grinders are $40 from home depot and come with a few disks and a carrying case and stuff. I've abused the hell out of mine since I got it in Jan and it keeps right on ticking. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the one grinder I have is the Ryobi and I busted that. Just one day it wouldn't turn on. Then the other one thats presently broken is a makita. It worked fine through my fender trimming but when I would turn the switch off it would not turn off just kept buzzing away. So I had to bang it on the ground to get it to turn off. After a while of that it just decided to no longer work as well. Fun stuff I tell ya. Only portable grinder I have on hand is the BIG sucker and thats not gonna work for the rest of the fender trimming and tight space work I have to do.

8. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

My all nighter turned into a total year and a half /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Three different suspensions have been off and on and the motor has been rebuilt/reinstalled 3 times.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I pulled 21 straight all nighters to do my frame and 4 speed swap last summer.