Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ever steal gas? This's what could happen...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglytruk, Jan 19, 2007.

1. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

IN A JUNKYARD, UNDER A TRUCK*N E Rust Belt
    My friend came into work a couple days ago and found the side of his Chev Van toasted. Thieves cut the filler hose and siphoned all his gas. What happened? Some kinda' fire. The whole side was broiled, most washed off.
    Can You believe it? No explosion, and the neighbors truks also got hit.

2. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

Here's the pix...

Incredible, Huh?

1 18 07  Mags  Steal Gas  F250 010.jpg

1 18 07  Mags  Steal Gas  F250 003.jpg

1 18 07  Mags  Steal Gas  F250 002.jpg

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Wow, that's kinda scary. Well at least it didn't burn the whole truck down.

4. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

Truk was insured... Belongs to succesful, and hard working founder. We buy all our floor covering from them. Only thieves could get away. Freaky, Huh?

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yipe!.

Definately not something I'd want to see when approching my truck first thing in the morning!...lucky the whole thing didn't go WHOOOF!..must have been smoking while stealing the gas I guess!..:eek1:

My friends used car lot was evidently hit by vandals this week--found a side window in a Ford Windstar that was for sale there smashed by a big rock wednesday!--and yesterday we tried moving a Ford Explorer around that was also for sale,and it ran out of gas about 30 seconds after we started it..:doah:

The gas gauge was BELOW empty,and the tank was FULL the day before!--we have NO clue how they drained the gas that low,it was too dark to tell if a hole was punched in the tank,or if lines were cut--but we smelled no gas,and they HAD to have spilled at least SOME of it ,seeing there was 20+ gallons in that tank...:mad: guess today we'll find out how it was stolen....theives and vandals suck,and here we seem to be getting a lot of them lately..

I read a good story about gas theft a few months ago...a guy at an RV park heard noises one night near his camper--so he went outside to investigate..

He found a young man crouched over in the bushes,peuking his guts out!..seems the theif picked the SEWAGE tank instead of the GAS tank,and swallowed some of it while attempting to siphon the tank!...the guy refused to press charges,said to the theif "take all you want!"---told the cops the guy suffered enough already,and probably learned his lesson..both the RV owner and the cops say they got "the best laugh of their lives" when they figured out what was going down!..:haha:

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

It looks like they may have stuck some material (thin probably, or a string of paper towels) into the hole and light it. What was left of the material probably blew away durring the night. That's probably why the burn pattern has the variations it does. I'm just guessing, but that's how it looks to me.

Maybe they thought they could blow the truck up. LOL ... they always think the gas tank will blow.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

interesting. i've never seen any sewage drain that wasnt clearly marked, and looked way different than any sort of fuel fill. not to mention most of them have a gate valve at the end of the run. oh, and RV code doesnt allow there to be more than one fill point on the tank, unless its another toilet. i'd say someone is telling you stories.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

maybe....but its in police files..

I read that in a police blotter in our local paper..It isn't easy to tell what tank is what in a dark campground on a unfamiliar RV,so I can see how its possible for someone to make that mistake--plus most theiving crackheads dont have much for brains anyhow!....at any rate,I'd be laughing too,if I saw that happen!--serves the theif right!...:D

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Only time i ever took gas that I didnt pay for was one time this summer my motorcycle was empty and I wanted to go ride it around for awhile. The lawn mower gas can was sittin right beside it. Figure what the hell dad one care. Emptied it out into my Yamaha tank and took off.

During the middle of the week my mom called me laugh cuz dad was mowin the lawn and ran outta gas half way and all his gas tanks were empty.

I was like well why is that funny?

Hes draining your motorcycle tank into the lawnmower...:haha:

10. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

And most of us are supposed to have Cat Converters on our trucks too. Gotta remember alot of stuff is hacked together and gets over looked beater. Sounds pretty real to me.

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Whats a catalytic converter??:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
    -Harrison

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

hacked together is one thing, it would take actual effort to get a fill neck outside the RV. like plumbing, run through the floor. not cheap, or easy to do. therefore, i still call bull****.

13. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I'd pay money to see that. :haha:

14. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I gotta pay for gears and a locker so how much money we talkin here???

15. uglytruk

uglytruk 1/2 ton status

The thingy ya take off and hollow out, FAKE IT...:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

16. peter redman

peter redman Registered Member

siphoning killer

a buudy of mine had a problem in his f-250 with the in-tank fuel pump.after dropping the 1/2 full tank he decided to siphon the fuel out into a jerry can before re-installing the monster.when he tried to suck the fuel to get it to start draining he inhaled the fuel into his lungs.i was there and quickly called posion control(canada).they said to go out and sit with him.in the next 5 to 10 min. he would live or die and there was nothing any hospital could do and that if had been diesel he should already be history.he did live but what a scary few min. for me and his wife and kids who had heard the hullabullu and came to find out what was happening.take care!!!!!!!