Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ever used weld in panels?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Jul 11, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok i have most of the rust out of my blazer now but still have a few spots, i was reading my latest LMC magazine, and looking at the weld in rear fenders, and the weld in cab corners for my 76 blazer
    has anyone ever used these? are they worth the money if i had someoen that coudl weld good and install them for me? i have cut out fender flares, but they havent got eveerythign out, and im wanting it all gone with out cutting more and more
    just wondering
    thanks

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I purchased and installed a rear quarter from LMC. The fit was not great but after some extra effort, it looks real good.

I paid $300 and I think I could have got the same thing from a local place for about $100 less. I bet they all get them from the same places.

If I had to do it again I would cut off an original quarter or buy a gm replacement instead of the aftermarkets.

Good luck

3. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If I had to do it again I would cut off an original quarter or buy a gm replacement instead of the aftermarkets.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said, I have replaced every panel and wish I had of gone this route, the one thing I can say it that you get what you pay for, buy the gm and you will be happy...if you beat on your truck get the cheap stuff /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif