Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ever wish you were into broncos?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by darkshadow, Sep 9, 2005.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i mean there are so many sitting all over the place

yeah theres chevys too but there are a lot of broncs

and there for sale

and there cheap.

it so hard to find a nice chevy

i am even looking at a heep for the wife

my suburban has been sitting far to long

hope i can get it going this weekend

2. mudnmyvayne

mudnmyvayne 1/2 ton status

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

all the furd turds in my area are far worse than the fancy bowties we all like.

plus i dont need to look to hard on a furd to find the problem. the factory circled it from the get go.:p: :wink1:

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Shut Up Fanboys!

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

crap on 'em

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Well, you can get a factory Bronco with a 351, C6 and a 208 which has a fixed yoke and is "clocked" from the factory for a very flat belly. That drivetrain compares favorably with a stock K5... especially the 305/early th700/hangin'-down-slip-yoke-havin' 208 models. That said, I've always been a chevy guy... so no, I don't "wish" that I had one.

j

8. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

son has one. Do i need to start on the problems? It is even a four speed while my k10 is a 3 on the tree both have open diffs on both and who does better? It may be just some have better luck with one brand than anther but i have to many friends that when off by themselves (not always wheeling even) and something start to go wrong and the chevy at least limp back to the house While the ford did not.

The living testament where i will give a few #s if someone needs it. Three years ago paid 600 for a k-10 with rotten wood in a stepside bed and 3.4 years later still not counting gas or insurance have 1200 in it and that is counting the new tires (not previously used either). I have countless times because of the leaking burning oil motor ran 3000 to 5000 mile used oil from a friends cars and the wifes. Had to add better than a quart of lube to the t-case it leaks out the speedo cable seal. Left it covered in georgia mud for a couple weeks before washing and greasing. That caused getting told about the piles of dirt clumps left in the parking lot at work. The clutch would chatter when i bought it from where the person had slipped it alot and it still does but now the throw out bearing is making a noise when pedal pushed in and the pedal rattles when not. Plugs 3,7 and 8 need changed 2-3 times more often than the rest because these are the cylinders that i think the rings are going in. I have done some up keep and maintenance don't get me wrong it does get grease and the oil filter changed regular and have changed master cylinder and brake pads. But betwen this and other friends pulling heavy loads with thier c-30 half way accross the state when the tranny starts not wanting to go in gear and trucks always seem to make it home. Most fords that i have owned or rode with people have left me on the side of the rode for simple things. I have been known to have faith and ride on a problem to long but the chevy makes it home. I would go with a mopar product before the ford. :bow: chevy is the way to go. This truck has been a dd for over 3 years till last month because of gas prices and was treated to a diamond plate bed in the stepside.

9. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

The path of righteousness is not easy grasshopper, do not falter.

10. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Id love to have an Early Bronco....

11. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

heres a nice bronco but still like my jimmy better

IMG_2880.JPG

12. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I have seen quite a few cheap 90's bronco's around lately.
    Brand loyalty aside for a moment, I've half considered one here and there... But I guess there's a reason people are reluctant to part with their Chevy's cheap...

13. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I dunno...

I drove a 1970 Bronco when I worked at a parts store years ago--it was my bosses truck,we used it for plowing the parking lot at the bussiness,and to deliver parts when the weather was snowy..it was the "old" style,much like the one Jesse James made into a rock crawler..The first time I drove it,it took some getting used too--it was a 302 V8 with a three speed on the tree..I had my 72 K5 at the time--compared to my Blazer,the Bronco felt like it was too sensitve in the steering--felt like no "straight ahead",it was always swerving one way or the other (this was with no plow BTW)..I didnt like the way it handled at all,too swervy and bouncy compared to my K5...plus mine was an automatic--much easier to drive!

I told my boss his truck didn't impress me much when he asked how I liked it!--I could tell he didn't like my answer,but he said he appreciated my honesty,and didn't expect me to like it,since I was a "Chevy man!".. :rolleyes: --I said "Take my Blazer on the next delivery--you'll see what I mean" ;) ...so he did!..when he came back he said "gee,your truck has a lot better takeoff than mine!--and it steers so easy too!..and it rides so much smoother!...my grin got wider each time he added a comment :D ..his wife said "maybe WE should get a Blazer!"...he said "No ,the Bronco was my dads,and he gave it to me--its got sentimental value"..so we ribbed each other about being a "Ford" man VS a "Chevy Man" the whole time I worked there!...(nearly 5 years)..

My Blazer was driven 140 miles a day for 6 months back and forth to that job until I got an apartment,and it never left me stranded on the way to or from work,with a few exceptions--once I filled it by accident with diesel,when the pumps were busy one morning(got 10 miles away and--well,its a long story!)--then my rear heater I put in it from a school bus had the heater hoses lose a wire tie and they scorched on the exhaust pipe..both my fault really!..I'd snicker every time his Bronco got stuck plowing,and I had to yank him out,or he'd drop a u-joint,or it wouldn't start due to a sticky solenoid..I had to bite my tounge somewhat,because after all,he DID sign my paychecks! :rolleyes: :p:

About 8 years ago,I saw his wife,working at a Dodge dealership parts counter!--she said they sold the parts store to a warehouse that supplied them with parts-- :eek1: and she said "guess what I'M driving now!--and pointed out to the parking lot--there sat a mint 1985 K5,with 31" tires,cherry red metallic paint,and ralley wheels..she grinned and said I bugged my husband to buy it after I saw it here in the back row" (someone traded it for a Ramcharger)..but her stubborn husband still had the Bronco--he gave it back to his dad to drive in the poor weather,but he bought a winter home in florida,so he got it back again!..she added "but he LOVES my Blazer,and drives it more than I do--but he'll NEVER admit it,especially to YOU! :D "...

I think he'd Sh** if he saw ME driving my Contour!. :p: .I always said I'd never own a ford--but I've learned to never say never anymore!--my boss said he'd never drive a Chevy too!...guess we're BOTH liars! :haha: :haha:

I think Bronco's are OK--They could be had with 460's,C6 tranny's,and similar transfer cases,etc..but I never cared for the ford coil spring front suspension,and the rear ends blew fairly easy on the later full sized ones in my opinion (had 3 friends lose a rear diff plowing,and not beating them too badly either)..they seemed to breakdown a lot more often,and were more costly to fix,than the GM trucks ....they didn't seem to rot out as fast as GM's did though.... :crazy:

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have owned 2 Broncos One EB which was a really good 4x4 but kinda cramped on room and 85 Fullsize. It was a nice truck but i didn't like the TTB front end. It also broke a lot. Bougnt my K5 when i still owned both Broncos. Sold them both and kept the K5. :thumb: My k5 was just a better all around 4x4 then a bronco. It only takes one Chevy to replace 2 fords.

15. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

yeah I have an 89 EB and its good for driving round town and trips I guess but I would never trust it on the trail. That front end is a piece. Only good thing about them was the rust preventative sprayed on from the factory. Plus my POS has the push button transfer case.

16. ksblaze83

ksblaze83 1/2 ton status

I think the EB's stopped in 77. (66-77)

the only bronco i've had/drove was a 91 with a 302 and was GUTLESS and sucked fuel, our S-10 blazer pulled the boat better and got better fuel mileage and it was a 4.3!

17. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I think he means Eddie Bauer Edition....

18. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

a friend has the eddie bronce, choped top no real mods he boots around in it.
    i have pics of his threaded togeather gas pipe roll bar bought from home depot. he wont belive me that its not a good idea.

i was talking about full size bronces, there is just so many sitting around, make me ALMOST with i was into them.

but i NEVER would go to ford, be sides brand loalty i just dont like them as much

dont worry boys i am chevy to stay!!!

19. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I like the fullsize Bronco, BUT I like the EB better. I also like the 80s Toyota 4runners w/ the removable top. The Scout II was also cool. I like the whole concept/design of the bigger than a Jeep, but shorter than a true pick-up. They have got to have a removable top as well. If I was going to buy one today, I mean just starting from scrach, I think I'd get a 4runner, for the width. (or more importantly the lack of it)

20. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

When I said EB I was refering to Early Bronco. I had a 76 with a built 302. As I said It was a good trail rig and lots of fun to drive but shy on room. It was Pretty hard to pack it for camping when you have a family of 4 and a big ol Lab.
    I have always refered to Broncos as either Early Broncos(66-77) or Full size.
    I have a hard time even thinking of a Bronco II as a 4x4.