Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Every vehicle should leave the factory with tow hooks.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JDNobodi, Aug 14, 2004.

1. JDNobodi

JDNobodi 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I went out the Oceano dunes today, and on the way home I pulled out a stuck mini van. Had to crawl under the vehicle to hook the tow starp to the rear axle. I have pulled out other vehicles and some time when I look underneth, the only thing I see to hook up to is a sway bar or something flimsy. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif What do people up north when it snows and they crash into a ditches?

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

yeah, I dont think my moms camry has any tow hooks... its a real pain since we have 3 4x4's, 1 with a winch, that could pull her out of a ditch, but if theres no place strong to hook on to, the question is, what will I break...

3. Big Red

Big Red 1/2 ton status

spin the snot outta the tires to get back out?/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif lol. my g/f's car did that. no tow hooks needed! lol. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

my buddy's old carbureted honda civic had one towhook in the rear, that looked like it was made of sheetmetal folded over with a hole cut in it. i had to tug him out of a ditch last winter (pretty bad around here) and it tore off, taking a chunk of the frame/unibody/whatever with it. Lucky for me it just hit my tank of a rear bumper and bounced off.

I drove my dad's '96 F150 4x4 to take a girl to a dance last year, and the POS sank to the rims in her yard cuz the grass was dewy, and it wouldn;t budge /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif the tow truck I called to get it out yanked the rear bumper right off that piece of $%&# when he couldn't find towhooks. Dad was happy about that one /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif so was the girl's dad for me accidentally digging trenches in his yard.
    all this because the girl refused to go in my truck because it is yellow and rusty. wow, girls arent worth the hassle sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    wow, girls arent worth the hassle sometimes /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN BROTHER /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif