Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

every1 else has posted pics of their dog...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Oct 30, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

...so why not me? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

frank
    frank + fritz

these lil guys have been great companions over the last 5 years that I have had them. Not the most obedient dogs ever, but once they calm down they like to sit in ur lap and cuddle which is just somethin that dont work to well with a huge dog.

fritz (black one) is the smart dog. When frank escapes under our backyard fence and runs off... fritz whines/barks at us until he gets out attention and go grab em. One time, my dad was standing in the kitchen drinkin his morning coffee and fritz walked over and put his paw on top of my dads foot. My dad says "get that paw off my foot!!"... fritz looks down... removes his paw from dads foot... and places his other paw on it instead. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

frank is the dumb but cute one. His fur is way softer and he is more cuddly. He also pees on the floor on ocassion.. and likes to play escape artist so he can run around the 'hood. He jumped out of my dads arms when he was a puppy and hurt his back legs... ever since then he's been bow-legged and his back legs are kinda weak (he cant jump very high at all). to make up for them, his chest/front legs grew really strong for his breed... which kinda makes him a bad azz for a miniture dachshund. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

one weird thing about these little guys is how BIG they are. They are full blooded minitures... but their breed is supposed to be 11 lbs or less when full grown. Fritz is fat, no question about that and we have him on a diet now so his back doesnt get injured... hes 25 lbs... frank is in very good shape, nice and lean but he's still 17 lbs. All of their brothers/sisters/parents (owned by other peeps) are under 11 lbs. Dunno if its the water here or what, but they're pretty beefy!

btw, if ur a single guy and want a good way to meet some chicks, i highly recommend getting a miniture weiner dog for a pet and taking him on walks at parks and stuff... CHICKS DIG EM. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

anyway, thats my dogs. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Cool, those are neat dogs.

Heres my pound-puppy Rusty and Rusty

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Cute weenies /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

and mine Askitt [​IMG]

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

my baby
    ok so she is about 11 or 12(we lost count long ago), and overweight and stays cooped up in that cage way too much, but I don't care how manly I try to be shes my baby and I can't help but let her know it and how much I love her. Shes quite the escape artist as well. That wood on the cage is one spot where she busted it open. since this picture she found 3 more escape routes. Shes like a mouse, fits through holes you'd never imagine her body going through. SHe used to run real far but now she just runs around the yard and marks her territory then sits on the back porch and waits for me to find her.

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Sully the Pug when he was a pup, I'll post some more of him and my other dog a bit later...

[​IMG]

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Tabby the sleeping camp dog...

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Lola...

[​IMG]

and Sully...

[​IMG]

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Those are dogs? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif JK... er .... ah.... cute!

11. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

That close up of Lola is scary man. Cute dogs though

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think the close up of sully is scarier.

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Hehe, Lola is actually really cute but it's hard to get a good picture of her since for some reason she always looks like a stray in pictures... Sully, on the other hand... well, he's cute in his own special way. It's sort of a "so ugly he's cute" sort of thing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think I want a pug for my next dog, I do think its the "so ugly its cute" thing.

15. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

He's a great dog, the reason I got a Pug is because they're supposed to be so tolerant with kids, and it's true as far as Sully goes, he LOVES kids.

16. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

HOTDOG DAWGS RULE!!! Thats the same kind of pooch I had as a kid! I wonder if my wife would evict me if I showed up at home with one on Monday... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[​IMG] we've had him for a month and a half and he's more than trippled his size.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifshould get to about 125 to 150 lbs... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif And I talked the wife outta cropping his ears, I think it's cruel, he came with his tail docked but I don't think thats anywhere near as cruel as taping tampons to their head for 6 months... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I talked the wife outta cropping his ears, I think it's cruel, he came with his tail docked but I don't think thats anywhere near as cruel as taping tampons to their head for 6 months... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, as evidenced by my floppy eared Yoda-lookin' Schnauzer above... The floppy ears give them a much softer, freindlier look, any dog looks much meaner once the ears are cropped to be all pointy.

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

true, and that is half the "point" to cropping , it makes em look meaner, my argument with the wife was, if the bark did't scare away the bad guy, he'd think what a cute pupper and then get his ass chewed in half.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifHe has a gnarley woof, he even scared me the other day, took me a second to realize he was my dog and he was still a pup.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

20. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

unless its a health issue I'm against doing anything to dogs. spaying and nuetering I get but things like cutting ears and tails and stuff just no for me.