Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Everybody going to the CA CK5 Blazer-Fest

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Jul 2, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

When you get there you have to got to the main gate.(there are about 5 or 6 gates) The main gate is clearly marked. Tell the Ranger you are there for the Blazer-Fest. And you are at Campground 5. It is reserved. And ask for a map. They don't give them out unless you ask. You will turn around and go back south about a half mile and see a gate and a sign group 5 camping. The gate is usually locked and when you sign in they give you the combination. I am going to try and see if they will let us keep it open. The park closes at dark. So if you get there after dark and that gate is locked start honking and one of use will come and open it up. I will be there Friday at around 8:00 am but I will be in and out. Getting stuff. Everybody come and see me for a ticket for the raffle. I just got some more stuff in today. I have a light blue 86 blazer and will have a tan pop tent trailer.Also Steph (CAChevyGal) is going to do the trip report so we need to get everybody's information. I would like for everybody to try and meet back at the campground on sat. at around 8:00 pm so we can get a group picture of everybodys Blazer/Jimmy. And then raffle off this stuff. It might be alittle hot down here. let's have some fun.......Dan

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hey Dan, just a suggestion.... do the pictures a bit earlier or they won't turn out very well. At that time of day you get the long shadows and the sun setting so it's creates very dark places and funny things happen with the light. It's a wonderful time for taking scenics but not for people in groups, which will not turn out too well. I say do pics by 7pm so they will turn out pretty decent... otherwise you might get a lot of silhouettes and blurry shots unless someone has a sunpack type flash, and most folks don't.... the best time honestly would be Saturday morning before the sun gets too far overhead.... so anyhow, thought I would share that! [​IMG] By the way, I am bringing a ton of film, so I will be more then happy to take individual pics of you and your ride or groups of folks and so on... just let me know. I can post all the pics and if anyone wants reprints I can get them fairly cheap. I believe it's like 20 cents for a 4x6 and then the bigger you want the more it is... then you pay postage which won't be a ton either.... so anyhow. Like I said let me know and I will be glad to snap a shot! [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

3. gokartergo

The more people takin pictures the better. We are up in the hills. at around 7:00 we will have shadows at around 8:00 we won't. And were we are going to take the picture. I will be up on a hill and looking down at all the Blazers/Jimmy's. And the light should be perfect. I thought of that to..Dan

4. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

a handful of group pics is probably the thing that you want. take a few in the morning, before everyone takes off for the day. then the return shots, with dirt or carnage.
    i'm thinking about driving out there with the top on, then getting some help to tkae it off once i get there. how dusty/windy is it in hollister? should i leave the top on? i don't have a trailer queen, but i have fairly clean fuzzy interior.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes I would expect it to be hot and dusty out on the hills. I haven't been there in over two yrs but the last time it was dusty, not too bad to worry about though.

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099</A>

6. gokartergo

It shouldn't get to windy in those canyons. And they have been running water trucks threw the campgrounds. It as been a little warm for this time of year.........Dan

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

A little warm? Ha ha...! It's freaking nasty here! 103 yesterday 105 today... I know it gets hotter else where but we're getting the humidty with it and that just plain sucks! I'm thinking someone needs to bring a hose to hook up to spray us and the trucks down.... anyone gonna do that?

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

well looks like this weekend is rush week...lets see if i get everything done that needs to be fixed

Donations accepted for the "Build Chaz's 1972 K5 fund"!!!

9. gokartergo

Get the truck done. I live about 13 miles from the park. If there is a place to hook up a hose. I will come home and get one. If my son will let me still his dough boy pool I will bring that too.....LOL Dan

10. gokartergo

We can leave the gates unlocked, But they said we should close the gates......Dan

11. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I will be bringing a hose and one of those screen tents. Thought we could put food and stuff in the screen tent to keep bugs out. I will also have my 12 bolt that is for sale with me. Gosh is there anything else besides the three room 13'X8' tent I just bought?

David 75K5

[image]http://www.extremeblazer.com/sideapproachL.jpg[/image]

12. gokartergo

Bugs hell. We have to worry aabout the pigs..........LOL

13. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I posted this on the Blazin Trails forum but wanted to post here too. There are a couple of us that are planning on going to Pismo Beach(Oceano Dunes on Monday. Probably get there on Sunday evening. Just want to do some dune surfing for the day and then head home on Monday afternoon. I wanted to throw it out here in case anyone would be interested they could plan ahead. Let me know.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

14. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

That sounds cool to me (did I already tell you that?). It has been a long week. How far from Holister is Pismo? Will it be hard to find a place to camp? To bad my 12Bolt is cracked those doones would be fun to jump.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

15. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I think it's only about an hour and a half to Pismo from Hollister, but I'm not sure. The caming should be easy cause it's all open beach and it'll be Sunday so it shouldn't be crowded. Should be fun.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER