Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Everybody that went to the Blazer-Fest. I need a vote.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gokartergo, Jul 17, 2001.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Ok the stuff from Skyjacker came on monday. I emailed skyjacker and he said I could use the stuff at my discrection. What I would like to do is give goldrush the 4 free shocks. First of all because he doesn't have any and second because he was the only one to make it threw the mini rubicon.(not counting the F**D).
    Who does every body think had the worst carnage baby blue or triaged? I would like to take a vote on this one. And I will send them the free steering stabilizer. And if it is ok with everbody I would like to take the extended brake lines for being the first one knocked out of commission........ Let me know..........Dan

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I like the idea of giving stuff to people that need it (ie giving GoldRush the shocks). I think I will let every body else deside on the carnage.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I think Goldrush is a good choice for the reasons stated to get the shocks.As far as number of parts damaged I think the carnage award goes to Baby Blue.And I dont think anyone will have a problem with you keeping the brake lines.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

4. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Well out of all fairness I can't comment on the shocks even though it would be nice. Second It sounds like all the So. Cal. guys had damage by the time they got home. I think Triaged gave it a heck of an effort though and also JunkYard. As for the Brake lines My vote is for you Dan!

David

[image]http://www.extremeblazer.com/sideapproachL.jpg[/image]

5. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Yo Dan..... im good with you and the brake lines..... The shocks to Goldrush seem logical too..... at least the rears anyway.... Junk Yard Crawler could maybe use some gear too..... he had the most tame truck there, and was giving it more than most everyone. Maybe He could use what the others already have on their rigs .? Just my 2 cents...

Very dusty and dirty K5 sitting in my driveway!!!

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hmmm not sure on the most damage cost wise.... Matt sure got the worst looking damage that is for sure. He was the only who did make it all the way through the Tank Trap. I think he'll be finding stuff for a long time he did popping up once the mud comes all off....However Dan (Triaged) is a close second or maybe even tied... so ah, I'm not sure.... Heck JunkYardCrawler like Tori said was the most tame thing there just about and took on everything... so he might be able to use the stuff?

Goldrush should get the shocks... [​IMG]

Dan, you should keep the brake lines... you put the whole thing together. How much are they anyhow... are the front ones? I am in need of some badly since mine are so short. A part number and cost would be great so I can see if I can afford myself a set of them....PM with that. Thanks... [​IMG]

I removed my quote so gay, vegetarian, minority, eco-nazis who love Jesus, nuke spotted owls, vote Gore and smoke medical marijuana won't be offend.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by ChevyCaGal on 07/17/01 07:28 PM.</FONT></P>

7. gokartergo

Re: Everybody that went to the Blazer-Fest. I need a vote. *DELETED*

Post deleted by gokartergo

8. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

what happened to Gold Rush gettig in on the shocks ?

Very dusty and dirty K5 sitting in my driveway!!!

9. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Tori I think the vote is for the stabalizer shock. It kinda cornfused me too.

Dan, enjoy the brake lines, that's the LEAST you should get for getting all of this together.
    Shocks should definately go to Gold Rush(sweet top man).
    As far as the stabalizer, like Triaged said, it should go to the person who needs it, and I don't think Junkyard has one. And I think he earned it with the show he put on.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>SEMPER FI TO MY BLAZER

10. gokartergo

Sorry I made a mistake. I deleted and will start a new one.
    Please vote.

11. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Hey Dan, I think you earned the extended brake lines, Goldrush should get the shocks and I voted for Junkyardcrawler for the steering stabilizer because I heard he doesn't have one plus he drove all the way from Arizona.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

12. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I voted for JYC. Both Matt and I have stablizers.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

13. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

i would have to say that you get the brake lines dan. and gold rush should get the 4 free shocks. i can't say about me and the steering stabilizer. i do have one but its shot.

Going nowhere everybody is a Moto Psycho
    Got my wheels in motion and i got a path to beat

14. gokartergo

Ok I will leave this up here untill friday at 5:00. At that time we will determine the winner. They also sent me some cool flags. They are for the CB antena they are red and say rock ready on them the winner gets the stabilizer and the other 2 get the flags. I need Junkyardcrawler,Triaged,babyblue and goldrush to email me dmdj@pacbell.net and give me there mailing addresses.........Dan

15. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I think you should keep the brake lines and GoldRush the shocks and Junkie gets the stabelizer. The only other guy I saw with out a stabelizer was FRIZZELFRY!
    Keep the lines bro! You earned them!!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

16. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

If I had to vote on best carnage.....it would be Matt (Baby Blue) for most overall, and most fearless!!!!

When it comes to "showmanship" carnage, that would have to go to Dan (Triaged) for the incindiary transmission and the resulting clown-car effect of people & fire extinguishers running everywhere!!

I tend to agree with the rest of the list....the parts should go to those who need them. Gold Rush certainly needs some shocks for that sweet 14-Bolt, and if JunkYard Crawler doesn't yet have a stabilizer, he deserves one.....they both put on a good show for the rest of us!

-Greg72

ps.... I'm still SO jealous that those "Cruiser" emblems went to someone else in the raffle! [​IMG]

17. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

As you all stated, and i 'll go vote to make it official, Gold Rush = shocks, JYC = Stabilizer (i've never seen a Blazer do a belly flop before!), and Dan as i told you Sat night, you definitely deserve the brake lines, i know you said it was no big deal, but you did an awful lot of work to put on the weekend, you deserve at least that as a thank you.

So where we going next year?

Oh and you know for the right price, i may be conviced to part with my pride and joy "Crusin" nameplates, i could tell some of the others were jealous. I think they'd look good on a gray 72.

Leland aka RaisedK5

"Of all the things I've lost, I think I miss my mind the most!"
    "Are the voices in my head bothering you?

18. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

that belly flop cleaned my under side

Going nowhere everybody is a Moto Psycho
    Got my wheels in motion and i got a path to beat

19. gokartergo

I rebuilt my C-V joint last night. I am heading out to put it in. I'm ready to go this weelend.....LOL

20. baby blue

baby blue Registered Member

hey guys whats up?about the stuff,i think junkyard krawler should get the shocks because he plans on runing a bigger lift and dosent have much money.pluse he drove down from arazona .and third i had to talk him out of runing tank trap,when he was his truck was the least set up to run it.

he had the most fearless attitude.one morning when we were asleap he was trying tank trap by him self.

what is the point on puting shocks on something that is just towed to place to place.give them to someone who could realy use them.

i dont need the stuff but junkyard krawler could use it

1.he is a kid with little money like me
    2.wants to put a bigger lift on his rig
    3.drove farther than any of us
    4.tried more stuff than any of us
    5.he tried tank trap
    6 put on a cool show

give the stuff to him

babey blue