Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Everyone brace for IVAN!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CaveBlazin, Sep 9, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Bless those people dealing with that bastard hurricane. Its a CAT 5 right nwo....

2. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

My parents are leaving on friday on a 10 day cruise of the caribean. They should be passing florida on sunday, just about the same time ivan is passing on the west.2 islands on the itinerary have already been cancelled. This sucks for everybody. Not only do the residents of these islands get hit by 2 hurcanes in a row but a main part of there income ( tourism ) is being cut of 2.

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I feel for the people in south Florida. 3 storms in a month /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

I have a friend with a house just outside Clearwater; the first storm stripped a lot of shingles and did some light eave damage. The second storm hit midway through the roof repair so now he has water damage inside the house and now a Cat 5 storm is on the way. Fortunately for him, he lives in Tx and is just going to leave it until it's all over and let the insurance deal with it.

4. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey I have family in Clearwater. They have had it rough this year.
    Hey you remember when Opel tore through the state? I was out of work from the Cotton Mill for almost 2 weeks cleaning up from that one.

5. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Yhe latest track has is headed straight OVER Panama City,FL iwth winds hitting about 150mph /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Leave now

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yhe latest track has is headed straight OVER Panama City,FL iwth winds hitting about 150mph

Leave now

[/ QUOTE ]
    My Sister and Her family just bought and moved into their new house in Panama City last month /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif **** that noise My bags would be packed and I would be getting the **** out of that place /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Guess its payback for all the good weather they get....

Shoot, I woulda made a steel reinforced concrete house with welded I beams for a roof. Forget "plywood" I would have those roll down steel plating stuff. Its not like this doesnt occur every year (or every few years!). Doesnt prevent flooding, but sure wont get blown away!

I always wonder that in NY- Whenever there is a snow storm about to hit, they always have on the news "everywhere is out of salt and snow shovels"....

DUDE, what did you do with your salt and snow shovel from LAST YEAR? toss it at spring time? I've been using the same stinkin snow shove for the past 5 years, and I buy a few bags of salt whenever home depot starts stocking them.

They showed people buying up the supply of plywood as soon as home depot opened in florida. I think in my old house we had storm shutters for the windows! (and they were functional!).

Just a thought- if americans in general are unprepared for weather conditions... will they be prepared if america was under attack? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

8. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

I was just in florida monday. damn frances kept me from flying in untill monday. When I flew into Orlando we went right over frances. lots of turbulance and felt like we dropped couple hundred feet b/c when it stopped I think I was chewing on one of my nuts. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Man so many trees that were knocked over and so much water. I think the worst thing about Ivan will be the rain. It takes a couple a months for that rain to sink into the resevoirs and if Ivan sends all of that rain their way it will cause some serious flood damage. Hopefully my dad's house will be ok. Water level was already high and creeping near his house.

9. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Last update, had the eye coming right through Pensacola on Wednesday night.
    There is no plywood to be found. Not sure if we will be leaving or not, depends on the category as it gets closer.

10. CaveBlazin

Well it just increased to a CAT-5 all I gotta say is RUN FOR THE HILLS /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif well maybe not the hills but get out of town...

11. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I wish you guys the best. Hopefully it will weaken before it heads your way. My dad is in the lower part of Bama just above the Florida boarder and if it goes your way and hits him hard, I might need to head north when out there in a couple weeks to help out. I guess we will see.
    Hang in there bro /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

12. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

looking like the flori-bama now..... maybe scoot on over to new orleans/gulfport depending on the map you look at

13. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Good luck to all who are in danger down there. I was just in Panama City for vacation on 8-22 thru 8-28. My wife has family in PC....They are getting out of Dodge..... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

14. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

hmmm, I guess now is the time to look into real estate down there "fixer upers" /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

for all those down there stay safe /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

15. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

or just land. At least until it washes away.

i'd be too scared to live down there, Give me a slide out 5th wheel, so i can drive on outta there when trouble comes.

16. nvrenuf

Wellhere it comes, looks like it will land somewhere close. yay... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

< puts on seatbelt >

Hang on folks, the ride gets bumpy from here on... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

17. CaveBlazin

New meaning for "[censored] hitting the fan!!!"

18. Rob 85K5

Good Luck John.

19. nvrenuf

You too buddy, y'all will get some too.

I tell ya, I'm really worried about the Blazer - it's outside with no motor or steering so I can't move it AND it's basically parked under a tree. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

20. Rob 85K5

Mine is running, but the rear bumper isn't on and the winch solenoids are in the passenger seat. It will be interesting to say the least.

If the roof gets caved in on the Blazer, you can just cut the top for a 73-75 full vert. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif