Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Everyone can help....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bone85K5, May 28, 2000.

1. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

OK, I am kinda sick of only these little Jeeps having all the good [censored]. I WANT WARN TO MAKE US SOME COIL SUSPENSION KITS!!!! I think I have emailed them about this and have gotten a response similar to we are looking into it and that they were developed on a "who needs it the most". This proves true as FJ40's got it next. Anyway, drop them a line http://www.warn.com/Home/ and tell them to design it for us. Also mention this great site so they will know how big of a community we have here. Thanks guys and gals

BBone 85'K5
    Wilderness Roof Rack in the winter, Skyler in the summer...

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

You are so right. Its like that with a bunch of stuff. The main thing that comes to mind is the fact that you can buy half-doors for Scouts and Broncos...BUT NOT FOR K5's!!! It doesn't make sense. The companies are weird. There are tons more K5's around than old Scouts and Broncos.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

If you look around for a good off-road shop you should be able to one built.A shop near me will do it for a good price.I thought about using the front suspension out of a ford with coils and solid axle but decided to stay with the leave springs.For the rear you could use the suspension off of a '72 or older 2wd 1/2 ton and some 3/4tons.This would be relativly easy for some with good skills.You can put the arms on top of the axle instead of underneath and get a lift.If your serios look around you'll find something.Brady

4. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

The reason they don't offer half doors for K5's is most people don't remove thier doors on blazers.It is a pain.I just removed mine and modified the hinge pins so I can just pull the pins and pull the door.I unbolted the door then knocked the pin out of the hinge.I then gound the pin down across the hole thing so it slides through the bushings easily.For the top hinge replace the pin with a nut and bolt because the pin needs to go in from the bottom because you can't remove it from the top BC it hits the door.I have a full cage so I am going to add some bars to rest my arm and lean on.Also to mount the seats to the cage.You just need to think about things and make things work.It takes more work for us blazers then the main stream jeeps and such.Invent things and don't wine about what they don't make for blazers.Just my opinion.Brady

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm with Brady...build it yourself. I know sombody with the Warn kit on a jeep and while it works good it's a real handfull on the street. It's also majorly painfull on the wallet to the point you could buy the welder and other tools it would require to fabricate your own.
    Screw the coils I'm going for bags like the scorpian runs if I ever do a major mod to the suspension. The rear will be a peice of cake...the front is where it would get tricky. The pluses would be off the shelf resonably priced shocks, Bags are reasonable and you can get funky and do forced articulation and when you hit the street you can lower the truck on the fly for better handling and millage.
    Then there is also Marv's tricks :) http://www.users.uswest.net/~ruthspear/index.html#Springer Shackle Flips

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper