Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

everyone please look!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dumbfounded, May 25, 2000.

1. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

I don't mean to bring up old news but the post that was brought up the other day about those "ford guys". I did respond to it early on as a joke, but it got way out of hand. There was a similar website (corvette club of america) which I used to frequent and the mustang guys would come on and abuse it. Guess what there is no longer a tech talk on that site. We cannot keep people out b/c they can come back in as another name. I don't mean to sound like I'm whining but if we can't keep this place "wholesome" it would be an awful shame. I'm 25 and I've made pretty much every mistake in the book including "violent acts", but I wouldn't mind hearing about a story as long as it is in good taste. Everyone makes mistakes out in the real world and sometime we get involved just by chance. I'd hate to have anyone alienated or thought of in a bad way b/c this site can help anyone. If anyone reads something they don't like let it pass by. And if this person is a problem no one respond then it will be an empty post, no fun in that for the person who wrote it. Anyways I've learned alot in the past few weeks from this site everyone is wonderful and the more in depth I get into my project I enjoy reading and learning about problems that have or may affect me and when I get stuck hopefully someone else has been there and can lend a hand. Sorry to bring things up but I feel a whole lot better now....

Blood, sweat, tears, and lots of money is what keeps the k5 alive.

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

RIGHT ON![​IMG]

<font color=green>Money</font color=green>--&gt;Blazer

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Ill "Post" to that! [​IMG]

Well said.

<font color=red>Mudzer</font color=red>
    1978/91 K5 Blazer

4. rezalb

rezalb 1/2 ton status

Thanks for keeping balance in our thoughts

rezalB

Built for a purpose.

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I fully agree with all the above, but for you guys who might be new to the board, there's a long history behind Buttman, and some of the responses to his post reflected his treatment of others (and the board in general)in the past. I for one can say that I'm not sad to see him go....

6. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

On that same post I to joked and sould not have and said something that sounded really hot headed I hope you guys dont look down on me for it.[​IMG]

I guss there are some times to joke and some times when it is inaporit.

[​IMG]Go prepared
    </font color=red>90 k5 soon to be big, bad, and mean

7. mrkay

mrkay Registered Member

I agree, too. I'm kind of new to this forum, but have lerned alot and even gave out some advise myself a time or two, I don't want to see this forum turn into a _issing contest and have people gang up on anyone. It's a fantastic group and I want to continue to talk to everyone. I think Buttman was trying to impress us and it turned out to be in a way most of us don't identify with. This is'nt a hostile group.He just seemed immature to me. (my 2 cents)

Mrkay

Rock climbing on Plymouth Rock (cool)
    with my 88 Blazer 350/Auto/TBI

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

I have had a few moments in here with Buttman and they were mostly bad. He did seem to turn it around for a while and I gave him another chance, it didn't last long however, he went back to being rude and hot-headed without finding the true meaning behind what was said. If you were to look back far enough and read all of the posts I had with him you'll see that I never went after him in a malicious manner, quite the contrary, I explained myself in a rational manner each and every time. I honestly hate to see that someone is shunned on this site, but I do feel strongly that he/she should conduct themselves in the proper way. I'm sure he isn't a bad person, although he never seemed willing to just interact in such a way that he could simply " fit in ". If he does in fact leave, I hope he comes back, but with a new attitude and level of understanding. This site is the best I,ve come across and don't know what I'd do without all the helpful advise and input from the others. Sure there's some ribbing going on and some outright attacks on others in here, but overall the shared knowledge from everyone can't be matched anywhere else on the web. I say if he returns with a fresh outlook about how things are dealt with in here, I would be more than willing to welcome him back. I never intended to ream him a new one, just help him understand the interaction of others. I sincerely hope this site hasn't been tainted to the newbies that have just come to share and learn, although it may be a good lesson to us all to remember why we're all here in the first place and to keep it worth coming back to. Please forgive me if I got on a rant, I just felt the need to express my feelings on this situation.

K5 !!!!!!!

L8r,

.Riz.

9. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I have absolutely no idea what happened in that Ford thread as I never even took the time to click on it, I also havent clicked on anything that Buttman has posted since his first few posts.
    I agree with everything in the first posting here and need to add that I love this board, the help that I get here and I hope that some of my posts are useful too. I generally keep my eye on the technical posts in this forum because there are other forums to discuss personal feelings but if people want to post those here that is fine by me, I'll just pass them by.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>