Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Everyone remember to use the new 37¢ stamps?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by StoneyK5, Jul 2, 2002.

1. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

That started yesterday..I had to buy 3-3¢ stamps from the Post office to top off my unused 34¢ one..guy sez "big spender, 9¢, Jeez" I just laughed at him and said I had bought a couple books of new ones 2 weeks ago. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

they raised stamps that much? gah, bastards... bad enough they insist on raising the prices 3 times a year, even worse that they decide to raise price by 3 cents this time, instead of thier standard broke 1 cent. I remember stamp prices being 22 cents for like 30 years or something like that... then, there was that giant jump to 25 cents, which is where they stayed for like another 5 years....

oh well... on the other hand, I'm amazed that I pay less then a dollar, and a letter gets to some place thousands of miles away.... although, it used to only take 2 days for that to happen... now its closer to 5 days, if you're lucky.

oh well, enough of the minor ranitng.... I'm just pissed cause now I'm going to have to buy a whole buttload of 5 cent stamps now to be able to use all my 32cent stamps... ( you can tell how often I send letters)

-Rich

3. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

They got 5¢ stamps /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I thought they only had 2¢ and 3¢ ones... LMAO /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i mailed a vhs tape to a member the other day and they asked me if i needed any more stamps i told them why i pay my bills with my debit card and email all my friends and relatives and he says to me its because of people like you that we need to raise the price of stamps thanks alot and i says your welcome /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Damn, i've still got 32cent stamps....guess now i've got to paste on 5 of those little 1cent critters... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif