Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Everyone sleeping?

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by sapper, Aug 8, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Seems the forum has slowed down latley, except of course bigpapa and his invasion plans. Anyway this leads me to beleive that there is alot of wrenching going on. So what is everyone doing?? Right now i have mine torn apart, the 60 is under the truck which has 52" springs on all four corners thatnks to John, i have to pick up another rotor and some more wheel studs, and a new gasket for it to be rebuilt. Once thats done and some money gets here i have to order the x over kit from ORD. That should be it for this year (i hope) and i want to hit Uwharrie agian in October some time once its cooled down /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

No more wrenching for me until November when I get back from Vegas. Until then all I can do is continue planning on how best to conquer NC. Clan Big Pappa is a small but tenacious force /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

This is my wrench there are many like it but this one is mine. My wrench is my best friend it is my life, I must master it like I master my life. LOL Yeah Im sure you know what Im doing with mine the engine is done just waiting to get the truck up to the hobby shop so I can throw it all together and then thats all the money Im allowed to put in it for the rest of this decade LOL. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm ready to hit the trail again and break some more $h1t. I'm replacing the 205 and new ujoints in the front driveshaft right now. In the next week I plan on putting on zero rates and stealing my pa-in-laws 9500 warn /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. Gonna "test" fit it in my big bumper. I've got to order my rs5010s and put the furd towers on and in-board the backems. Hopefully I can get the gas tank raised at that time. I try to only do mods that require a day or two of down time, incase I get into a "case" and want to wheel. This coming weekend I think I'm gonna put the motor and lift on the 87. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif The guy backed out on the S10 swap for the 89. So I'm putting the S10 up for sale.

5. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I should be turning a wrench in a couple weeks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thats after I pick up my lift and give someone some money so he can get his x-over steering. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well I just got back from Alabama so I can continue the 3/4 ton swap into the Stomper although I still need to find a set of tires. Going to be a while before it gets completed due to the "MONEY" thing and some hospital bills. I am still heading to CA in September so won't make anymore trips this year.

7. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

i'm ready to hit the trails, of course as always i have a small tranny leak, but i'm not going to fix that until this winter. Right now I am about to do front wheel bearings on my Dana 60, replace/repair my crossover arm (wrong taper), fix my bumper/tire carrier and I should be ready to go. Hope to wheel with everyone soon(er than october!!).

8. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Im still contemplating repairs. Im lazy. So much to do so little time. Boats, garages, and keeping my lazy boy warm

9. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Got mine almost road ready. Took it to the alignment shop this week and found that all my balljoints are bad. Doesn't surprise me any though. Now its time to change them and finally get to do some mild off-roading(1/2 ton drivetrain). Damn I can't wait. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. clarkjw24

[ QUOTE ]
    Im still contemplating repairs. Im lazy. So much to do so little time. Boats, garages, and keeping my lazy boy warm

[/ QUOTE ]
    Whats wrong with yours?

11. clarkjw24

Well the new NP205 is in but the front driveshaft is trash. I got a quote from HAD wow $449 and I can have a new one. I think I'll just take some of the old ones I have and get them cut down to the right lenght untill I hit the lottery. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Still waiting on the zero rates to install. Come tax season I'm comptemplating 49" iroks /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I've got two blazers to part out. Maybe I'll make enough to buy two tires now and the other two when Uncle Sam pays me back.

12. Orange Crush

ripped the steering box off the frame, holes torn in the headers from the shackles on the front springs,gonna go hydro assist and put exhaust manifolds on for now and then later convert to a small block with propane.And the list goes on /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. sapper

Hey eric what info do you have on the propane conversion, this is something thats been on my mind for awhile now.

14. Orange Crush

none rally just picking up bits and pieces here and there.of information that is but why would you want propane when you have the fuel injection? I know it has advantages especially for me over the carb but if I had F.I. I would not change. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. sapper

its makes more power, gets better mpg and will still run at any angle, besides it would be cool to laugh at people who say we pollute to much /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. CaveBlazin

Paul I have alot of info if you need it give me a haller but its not very practical around here cause the lack of fill up stations.

17. sapper

i know of a couple places, besides if gets low just hook up a grill bottle /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

18. CaveBlazin

I would love to know were locally the hook up the spare bottle idea is good for a short spare. propane is 116 octane but a slow burn,works excellent on high compression
    engines, timing is advanced on crank and vacumn advance connected to manifold vacumn together timing around 20 degrees at idle, oil does not get dirty and no one can steal your fuel and you can run 13 to 1 pistons the entire kit for carburated 350 is $258.00 and thats for a rebuilt mixer,rebuilt regulator,rebuilt lockoff,3 ft 1 inch vapour hose,two coolant y pipes.$400.00 for the kit with new mixer, quad adapter $10.00 then you need certified propane hose($85.00) and a propane tank (buy tank local). Check out propaneguy.com the owner of that site has a great name its Mr. Hill, Roy Hill LOL!!! If you need more details I have lots as I was really thinking about doing this right before I built my stroker and still can but I will have to get my new heads before I convert. I really would love to find a propane place thats not to far from the base. There is one about 30 miles down the road towards I40. Let me know I also know of a couple people that have some parts. Hope this helps Paul..