Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Everyone

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Feb 14, 2001.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well I just wanted to thank everyone for your help! As some of you may know by now I just bought an 89 Jimmy. I've been 4 wheeling on and off again for the past 12 years, but that was always in stock trucks. In the past 10 years I was more into the 1/4 mile thing though with the Camaro my wife owned. I sold it before I moved back to Pa about 8 months ago. The funny thing though is when we bought it it was suppose to be her daily driver but that never did happen (I guess she got over it). Now that we have the Jimmy we want to have alot of fun with it. This is our first attempt at building a serious trail runner and I hope that it turns out ok (because if it doesn't I think she will string me up by my b@11s). The plan is to do it right the first time so we really appreciate all the input we have gotten and I'm sure we will need alot more. We plan to make the Paragon trip in Sept. I'm just not sure how much will be done by then. Well thanks again!!!!!

PS: Can you tell the diff. between a 14ff and a 14sf without taking the cover off?

Happy Trails
    Wayne

2. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

a 14 bolt ff will have a hub sticking through the wheel and the sf will not! as far as doing it right the first time, just post any ? or probs you have and i'm sure you will get lots of input from the many knowledgeable people here! Enjoy your new blazer! Oh, yeah! We just bought my wife a 98 camaro Z28 that is supposed to be her daily drive. I mentioned take it to the drag strip but that one hasn't gone over very well YET! Maybe with time!

baldbandit

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Steve has a tech section on the home page that has an axle identification chart. [​IMG] You should look there, the differences between the FF and SF are easy to spot once you have seen both.
    Actually the home page is chock full of great upgrade articles and lots of specs and tech pieces as well, it is a good place to spend some time if you are new to K5's especially modified ones!
    All hail Steve!!!!![​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]