Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

everything for 465 swap w/ hydro clutch

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by angrysnowplow, Apr 14, 2004.

1. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Looking for:
    <ul type="square"> [*]sm465 [*]hydro setup, pedals [*]way to keep the np241 [*]possibly a front driveshaft [*]465 crossmember (?) [/list]
    My 700R4's been in a plowtruck for 14 years...it's days are numbered. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif
    Would like to keep the 241 because my '90 has the electric speedo, so I'm looking for either another unit, or a way to change mine to the correct spline count for the 465.
    I'm in north central mass.
    thank ya /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

stand in line...forms behind me... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Ive been posting for this combo for weeks now...
    found the bellhousing... may have a line on a second... but the pedals and rest of the setup are hard to get...
    there are aftermarket ones the guys are trying... I have no experience with them... Wildwood stuff out of the summit catalog apparently....
    465 doesnt have a crossmember...its supported by the tcase...465 shouldnt be hard to find close to you... I have several but they are way too heavy for shipping reasonably
    let me know if you want the line on the possible bellhousing
    cam

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Your best bet is to get a 32 spline output SM465 that used to have a NP208. Then a simple input gear change on the NP241 will allow you to bolt it onto the 208 adapter /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Thanks Cam, I'll keep that in mind.
    And Kenny, thanks, that's just what I needed to find out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I know where there is a 2wd 465 with a hydraulic clutch in a junk yard. The name of the place is ATA Salvage in Westfield, Mass. the number is 413-572-0007. The tranny is in a blue '87 stepside if you call. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif