Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

everything is started, nothing is finished

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 55Willy, Sep 8, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

story of my life,LOL

I am starting my weekend and should actually have stuff to post up about on wednesday when I HOPEFULLY have soemthing doen worth talking about,LOL.

my short list:
    tube driveline, shock mounts, radiator mounted, bumper finished.

I'v been spending my days off driving up to St Helens and back, but this week with my cold and my dad ebing out of the hospital I'm staying home and will bundle up and go outside and do some good ol' fashioned wrenching these next two days,LOL

-Jeremy

2. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm right there with you on that one...just changed out my U-joints and oil... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i hear ya bro /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif...worked on my rig all day yesterday..got the drivers side rock slider done....still have the passenger side to do /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif....its a never ending thing these 4x4s.. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Crap, I have to get off my ass. Have all that steel for rock sliders sitting there in the driveway, need to get it on the truck /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also came to the conclusion the accelerator pump is shot on my latest Q-Jet, so I am gonna part the two q-jets I have into one.

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I'm with ya! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    On board air..........started
    0 rates...........started
    Radiator fans............started
    Rear bumper...........started?
    Front bumper............Almost done?
    lol, I don't think it will live! At this point...

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I have been driving with mis-matched gears for over a year... Finally find a 3/4 ton Corp 14FF with matching 3.73's for cheap and quickly install it. Now I am driving around with 6 lug front on 31" tires and 8 lug rear on 235/85R16 tires. But I did finally find a matched set of 3/4 ton axles someone is willing to trade for parts I have /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Hope to make that happen this weekend as well.

Then there is my Ford tranny /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

OK, 0 rates done? Well almost, started om the Furd towers and ended up almost knocking myself out! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Got a cool a$$ cut on my head too.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gifYou unconsious on the floor with axle grease near by would save me from the ladies.... [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I know what ya mean.
    So far I have the 305 tore down, needs a cam and stuff.
    tranny out.. need clutch,
    T-case tore down.. seal kit
    And now I'm fixin to start tearing out the front end.
    Which I have to do first so I can see how I am going to mount the winch.
    takin ol girl into a buddy's barn before I do anything else though. She's tore all to ratshit and it won't be long before my present shop is ankle deep mud.
    A few little things to fix turned into a domino effect.

10. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Keep those hoes away from me!

11. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I got some more stuff started,LOL and nothing finished /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Its a never ending battle

13. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i finished my rock sloders,put on a new used fender,and rebuilt my battery tray .....

14. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Front bumper DONE!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Everything else still..........pending /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

i know how this stuff goes, my ford is half painted. I still have alot of body work to do on the bed then it gets painted. Then i have to fabricate bumpers for it and pull the motor to replace a bunch of seals (it sat for 5years so everything is kinda stiff and leaking). At least my luv dosnt need anymore work done on it. Oh wait i have to put on its tranny skid plate... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Well, I am off to install the latest set of axles in my truck... 2 12 bolts (3.73 Originally then 3.40) and 1 14FF (3.73) and ended up with a matched set of 4.10 3/4 ton axles finally /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Then to rebuild the NV4500 for my F350 (been thru 3 E4OD transmissions in the last 2 years)... Not even sure if I want to mess with the '86 S10 anymore that it developed a dead short in the ECM circuit somewhere. Has about 300,000 miles on it and actually ran good up till dropping dead on the freeway.

Oh, then recently realized I need to redo the headgaskets on my '79 K10 soon too. Just picked up a '54 GMC 2 ton truck that needs work...