Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exaggerators...who knows one? (kind of long)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 8, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

The occupation thread made me think of this. One guy I know claims to have had many occupations over the years. He is about 60 years old, slightly overweight, and his name is Tiny. Currently he is disabled, and he had to have his foot amputated due to diabetes.

He's a nice guy, but some of the stories he has told are a bit far-fetched. Back a few years ago, before his foot problems when he first moved to the area, I gave him rides (while his drivers license was suspended). Some of his former occupations include the following (so we were told):

1. Wildlife Biologist
    2. Police Investigator
    3. Vietnam Veteran
    4. Church Elder
    5. Sunday School Teacher
    6. School Bus driver
    7. Motorcycle Gang Biker
    8. Amway Salesman during the '70's
    9. Construction worker
    10. Taxi Cab driver
    11. High School/College Football player

I suppose in all reality he "could" have been each of those in his life...but he's known for exaggerating. After he got his truck from me last fall (a '79 Chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 with a 350), he told me that he punched the throttle one day in 4-lo and the front tires came off the ground. Now I know it was a healthy 350, but I also know it's not gonna pull the front tires up off the ground. I just smiled and nodded.

Other exaggerations include stories of wild animal encounters, and often he is telling a story and asks me if I remember when something happened; such as that time the big bear came into our camp and stared at us; and I remember one night we "thought" a bear was near, but never saw anything. He also has told stories about when he "lived" up at our property for almost a year (in actuality, he camped there for less than a week).

Then there are stories of UFO's, and secret military operations that he has "seen" from our field.

My friend found a $1 value flake of gold once...and each time Tiny told another person about it, it became $2, then $5, and finally became a $20 nugget.

One of his friends called him "Tiny the Great; a legend in his own mind".

Like I said, he's a nice guy, but sometimes I gotta laugh at some of the stories.

My tribute to Tiny /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

My grandpa was a BS artist like that. But what the heck, he told good stories. The old guys probably just a little off, and if he's not discrediting anyone but himself, it's all good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

HAHAHA the biggest BS artist I know is named tiny as well /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

There is an Indian in my equipment repair class who is exactly like that. He keeps telling everybody there doing stuff wrong and how he does it the right way, which is always impossible. He knows everything but has failed everything so far. The only reason hes still there is cause hes an indian and they cant kick them out.

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Ha...that reminds me of Tiny again. I remember I had him come up cause he wanted to "help" during the time I was building a snow roof over my trailer. I had to laugh when he'd always say "You're doing that wrong. What you SHOULD do is..." or "Back when I worked in construction...."

I have 3 progressive pictures of me building the snow roof...from exactly the same angle at different times of the day, from start to near finish. In two of the three (about 4 hours apart) Tiny is shown sitting in the same chair. In the third, where I was nearly done, he wasnt in the photo. I think he was either trying to find his dog "Gangster" or was in the outhouse.

Me and my friends referred to Tiny as the "Supervisor"...but he was there more for "moral support".

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I don't think old Tiny's got all his puppies barking up the same tree. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

I dont know allan that truck chirped the tires whith the full bed... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. Ms383_TBI

Ms383_TBI Registered Member

the most exagerating person i know happens to be my one of my co-workers.... her best story so far was 15 minutes before her shift started.(she had to come in -so i could go home /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif) she said she couldn't come into to work because her daughter had been in a car accident and that her daughter had a brain aneurysm /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif and she had to go be with her and could not come into work. she didn't know what hospital or who was driving or where the accident happened. and the "doctor" was going to do a brain scan in the morning... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif HELLO! if you have a brain aneurysm- your gonna die and how would you know you had one if you had to waite until the next morning?? so the next day i call before its time for her to come in to work- just to see how her daughters doing. and the death bed nearly fatal accident survior answers the phone /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

9. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

that reminds me of when i was in the nfl back in '76. it was great. after that, i went into car sales. made tons of cash. in about '82, i joined the military and earned the Congressional medal of honor twice. after all my military experience, i bacame a free-lance mercanry and also worked with a sercurity company. we got to be body guards for lots of famous people - movie stars, politicians. when i was the presidents body guard, i got to eat dinner with him at the white house. sat right to his left. amazing. now i am basking in my greatness and wishing everyone else was as cool as me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Reminds me of when my family took a road trip when i was a kid...

We were going down the highway and took a sharp turn, and my car rolled like 7 times then popped back up on its wheels and i gave my dad a high five.