Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exam problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Jun 8, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

When I do tests/exams I always blank out and can't remember half the stuff I studied for. I have 3 exams in 8 days I need to study for. For the younger guys here, or older guys from past experience... how do you remember all the information you have to study for exams. For example, there are lots of definitions of things in science I have to remember. Plus to add it to, I have homework every night so I can't always focus on studying. Help me! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

multi gues test is eaiset always go witht he "most right " awnser and if "d" is all of the above or both a nad c or somthing like that, always pck d 98% ofthe time youll be right. Its not what you know its how you take the test /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well, if it's something you can enjoy like history or interesting math, you'll be fine, just get familiar with it

I got by on not caring, never studied, either came out with an A or a D depending on how much attention I cared to pay

What are the exams on ?

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

French-I'll probaly fail because my teacher only lets me ask 3 questions a day (She says I ask to many?) and because I don't understand some stuff and can't remember how to spell alot of it.

Then Socials-fairly easy, just have to remember definitions and Canada history like rivers.

Science-fairly easy, just have to remember definitions and how everything works together.

5. Resurrection_Joe

[darn] THE FRENCH AND THIER LANGUAGE

Socials should be ok

Science........ gwahhhhhhh my head..... neutrons and protons and hardons and gedrons and morons and biggorons and.......

Good luck you lil' maple leaf warrior

6. Resurrection_Joe

Errrrr I just remebered it's French Canadia......so maybe you'll need it to talk to the guy selling cigarettes

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

maple leaf warrior /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

science is easy, you just need to pay attention like I do. Everyone is my class of 28 people, me and 2 other people listen, the rest just talk. It's kind of funny /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Two words. French sucks /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Errrrr I just remebered it's French Canadia......so maybe you'll need it to talk to the guy selling cigarettes

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifI don't smoke /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Resurrection_Joe

No I mean in that certain mission we'll be doing in the near future where I am "French Cigarette Salesman" on the corner downtown and you are "Secret Knife Warrior Who Cooks Chinese Food And Therefore Smells Of Soy Sauce" and we meet up and we have to speak french to be believeable

So, be there or be square

Yes, French sucks

I don't like Spanish either, I buy nothing bilingual

I'm ok with everything else, especially German and Japanese because of Rammstein and Yokko Kanno respectively

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Who's downtown? What corner? I can't carry out a french conversation /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I'm a secret knife warrior? AWESOME /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Rammstein rocks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

RJ, no more caffiene for you /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

your french teacher sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

14. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The best way to remember stuff is to re-write it by hand. That used to work for me, and I had way better 'info retention' doing that than anything else.

Your French Teacher sounds like a few CK5er here /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

15. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I am a spaz, and I have the same problem. I'm finishing my second year of college. You just need to take a deep breath and focus. I always start with the easy problems, then go on to the tougher ones. By the time I get to the tougher ones, I've usually calmed down a bit. Unfortunately, it's only going get worse as you move higher up the education ladder. Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thanks everyone, I will probaly do what Rene suggested and write everything out, that's what I was planning on because then I actually focus on the words and whatnot. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

oh and with essays, just start writing them. you'll be suprised at how easily the bullshit flows once you've started. take my word for it, i've taken 4 AP classes that were just about nothing but essays /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my teacher only lets me ask 3 questions a day (She says I ask to many?)

[/ QUOTE ]

You? Ask too many questions? Nah! That's bullshit! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    my teacher only lets me ask 3 questions a day (She says I ask to many?)

[/ QUOTE ]

You? Ask too many questions? Nah! That's bullshit! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

20. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I always studied very hard 2 dys before an exam. then took a big ol' break and partied really hard for a day and then recovered and took tests always did well!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif