Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Example of why you have to be carefull on EBAY

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sublmnl1990, Dec 21, 2004.

1. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

2. semper-k-five

semper-k-five 1/2 ton status

i'm guessin the dude doesn't have a digi camera to post a photo...just found one on the web to show what it looks like...but, there are folks out there who would certainly try to screw a fella...this may be one of them!

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Thats nothing new, people have been doing it and getting away with it for a few years now. If your stupid enough to bid without reading the description, watch the auction and still not realize it, then win the auction and still not read the description and realize your an idiot, you deserve to be had.

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I agree. It is sad that people mislead buyers with deceptive auctions. But, if people would only read the description thoroughly, they would realize what they are bidding on.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

It's right there in huge letters, "This is only a picture.".... 27 morons bid on it :haha::haha::haha:

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If i were the buyer, I'd take the negative feedback and tell the seller to get bent.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I would think Ebay has a responsibility to cancel that sellers account, it looks like he's pulled that stunt before. You wouldn't (normally) hear a radio station play commercials for a company that advertises a scam, why should ebay allow it as even more, a transaction, in thier forum?
    Sure, it IS the buyer's responsibility to not be naive and read the entire auction, but there's absolutely no question this is a scam and intended to decieve someone. For the devils advocate players, Yes, it's disclaimed, but the language of the ad is way more appropriate to the sale of an entire system, not a photo of the system. The description of non-visible features of the photo's subject is irrelevant to the photo that's up for auction. Sure it's not illegal, but it the interest of taste and protecting it's clientele, Ebay should take action on this... How many of those
    There's no description of the size of the photo, the paper, etc.

Of the 8 or so bidders, the winner has only 1 feedback, and it's from this auction.
    6 minutes before this auction ended, he/she had bid up to $190 on a *real* system and lost, so obviously they were in a hurry and weren't looking for a $177 Picture...

That's annoying. It's like the people that stand in times square selling Rolex's for $10. You know it's not real, but these poor tourists think "Oh wow, I knew we'd find a deal in NY!!"

8. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

"NEW NINTENDO GAMEBOY DS PICTURE FREE SHIPPING"

So what is wrong with that. The guy clearly states in the title you are buyng a picture. Jees he even is including Free Shipping.
    PT Barnum was right. "There's a sucker born every minute. "
    These days tho I think the rate is a little higher.:haha:

There is stuff like that all over E-Bay. E-Bay does its part by providing buyer protection in Pay Pal for scams like that. So you can get your money back if you use pay pal

But if you are dumb enough to pay $177 cash/MO or send a CC# for a pitcure thats your problem.
    "A fool and his money are soon parted"

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

yes love the quotes, i was about to post those, id like to think i have pretty good morals, so i wouldent do something like that, but it's real hard not to:D
    :xmas:

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Maybe he should list his "picture" in the correct category.

11. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

its just plain wrong

being its christmas these things are selling faster than bjs at a truck stop, its wrong just plain wrong. Yes I have learned that you need to read but the thing is these things are selling so fast youre bidding and then getting punked at the last minute youre trying to get one for you KID for X-Mas he is selling a picture it should not be listed under the video games. How pissed off would you be. Yeah I see where I would have to put blame on myself but this is someone intensionally scaming another. And I would like to break my foot off in his A$$.

12. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

$177.50 winning bid :mad: :mad:

13. tunedportk5

tunedportk5 1/2 ton status

hmmmmm

there may be a market out there of people that just want to buy pictures of just things?????? maybe they have more money then they know what to do with.......