Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exaust,help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BSav, Nov 7, 2002.

1. BSav

BSav Registered Member

Hey guys, The best thing happned to me this past week.
    My tail pipe snaped off my midas muffler, now this misfortune forces me to either get a stock muffler put on again, or get the exaust I've wanted.
    Hear are the snags, Would like it to pass Mass state emissions laws (maby), because I live in Mass. and I wauld like to keep my cat for now. I would also like something throaty for a sound, and would like to add some power.
    I was thinking a cat back with a flow master single 3in inlet dual 2.5in outlet to 2 tail pipes exiting out at each back corner.
    I have an 88 GMC, V8,350 ci TBI,rebult 40,000 ago to stock specks, stock hight and tire size, and its my daily drivr alot of hiway miles.
    What do you guys think? I'm open to all sugestions
    Thanks in advance, Brian Sav

2. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

I just got my exhaust set-up from www.summitracing.com , there web site is great and easy and there very helpful. That said i went with flowmaster series 50 (3" in 3" out) and a cat-co cat. I'am putting it together this weekend so as for sound and power i don't know yet , but if you do a search this has been talked about and i think a lot of people like the flow 50's and summit. Your combo sounds good i'd go with it. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. ratlover

ratlover 1/2 ton status

Flowlessers are one of the worse flowing "performance" mufflers there is. Thier race series does alright and a 50 series would probably flow enough for your stock application. Ever notice how flowmaster is the only muffler manufacture that dosnt publish flow data? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Kinda makes you wonder huh....

Dynomax are a good muffler. Spintecs flow like all hell. The Sumits and dynomax super turbo flow well and are cheap. Magnaflows are also good as is straitline......there are lots of others too.

Look at the flow #'s not all the fancy marketing about the "distinctive sound"(that just about every one seems to have /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif )

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

ratlover....

Not true....

Flowmasters are some of the best free flowing muffelers out there...