Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

exaust is taking shape

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Aug 29, 2002.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i have a 87' chevy short bed 4x4 now id like to get ya'lls opinoin on an exaust, now i want to run a side pipe, im leaving my cat on, since it is on there right now, but the exaust was just cut right after the cat (1 foot after the cat), but i want to put a side pipe on, should i dump it right by the rear left tire, between the gas tank, and rear tire, someone said that the forces creaated by the tire will channel the exaust fumes away from the truck, since my dad keeps bitching about exaust fumes in the truck, but i appreciate your guys opinion, hope to hear from you guys. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. 87sm465np208

and i was thinking flex pipe, since i have it, i wanna use it, maybe i will put a crome tip on it to make it look half way decent, and yes i am a red neck, sorta /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well u can see below how i did mine its not a real "sidepipe" like on a vintage 'vetter but i like it, they are in the 'my truck now' folder, i dont know about flex pipe, unless u have fairly large diameter, but even then the crinkles look to me like theyd be awfully restrictive. oh btw, Rednecks for life!

4. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Do a search on exhaust routing. This has been talked about before. I exited mine on both sides in front of rear tires, chrome tips pointing at the ground, 90 degree bend from where exhaust runs to sides. Big difference in exhaust smell, better sound too. I only put turbos on also but sounds healthy.

5. 87sm465np208

im probly going to just run a pipe from the cat out to the rear drivers side tire, it ends right there, and all i would need is a bit of flex pipe, or a 25$ bend, and if i did that alittle bit more pipe, then a cheap tip to make it look decent (btw i have 2 1\2 inch flex pipe, and i will only be running about alittle less then 2 feet).