Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Excel Help

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daleearnhardt01, Sep 19, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I have no idea on how to use this program and I have to make 2 graphs for a lab. Anyways I figured everything out except I need to change the way the cells are numbered. Where the rows are labeled with numbers I need to change the format of them so they start at 0 and increase by 2's. Any idea?

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Within the chart, if you double click on the numbers that you want to change(x or y axis), a box will pop up. Click
    on the tab "scale" and that will let you change it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. daleearnhardt01

I wont let me change the first starting x value to 0....grrr /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

make sure the "auto" check boxes are NOT checked. I just tried it and it lets me change to anything i want.

EDIT: oops, sorry i re-read and your trying to change the x axis...make sure the "Value (y)axis crosses between categories" box is checked.

5. daleearnhardt01

Yeah that box is checked for the y-axis one. If I upload the file would you consider downloading it and seeing if you could get it?

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

I'd give it a try. Go ahead and upload it and let me know where its at so I can download it.
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Also let me know how you want it to look

7. daleearnhardt01

Sweet...your the man /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. daleearnhardt01

Excel

Like I said the x-axis scale needs to start at 0 and go 0,2,4,6,8 etc. I really appreciate it. When you try can you tell me how you did because theres a 2nd one that pretty much identical... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

9. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

ok, here is how you do it:

-anywhere in chart field, right click and select "Source Data".
    -from the SERIES tab, next click at bottom on range box to select "Category X axis labels
    - Highlight range on excel , the key is to have an X axis range, so 0,2,4,6,8,10 need to be populated in the cells to highlight.

let me know if you understand

10. daleearnhardt01

Got it man, they look great now. Thanks for helping this ignorant Excel user... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif