Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Exchange I had on another board

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

IDIOT:As a (LEO) have you ever on your way home had a problem with someone on the highway or road thinking your tail gating them or there slamming there brakes on you or just trying to run you off the road?
    And if so what have you done? The reason I ask is becuase most of my commute to work and home is all highway. And it seems these huge 4X4 uselly think I am tail gating them and in return they will try to slamm there brakes on me. Most of the time I will just let it go. But it does make me and I cannot just call 911 because they can't really do anything about it. untill there's some Physical contact. I have heard on the news about how some people will pull out there guns and shoot and in the process killing someone just because they cut them off or something like that. Any advice will will be appreciated.

IDIOT:Well it does'nt happen to me everyday. I would say maybe two to three time a year. And I do know the rule were if you can not see there tires you are too close and I always practise the one car length away also. The type of car I drive is a 92 Honda and it seems these cars front end were built like one of these jumping ramps and uselly people I have trouble with is this idiots that drive these big 4x4 trucks that seem they are twice as high of the ground.
    Also awhile back I did a ride along and it seems that when your in a police car everyone drive's like an angle.

ME:Well, since I'm one of these idiots in these big 4x4 trucks, I shall give you my side. If I can't see your headlights in my mirrors, and I have BIG mirrors, then you are tailgating me. And my truck doesn't sit so high that it would take you ten miles before I could see your headlights, only about two car lengths. Now, let me ask you this. If you were behind me and let's say we were going down the road at 45 mph and you were a car length behind
    and I had to stopped suddenly and you rearended me, who's driving off and who's getting towed? Now on my truck, I have the brake light switch adjusted so I can hit the brake lights w/o brakes for tailgaters. It's the ones who ignore that message that get the "let off the gas and no brakes" treatment, which doesn't happen very often. You should really think twice about how close you follow us idiots so you can save on future tow/repair bills.
    By the way, you wouldn't happen to be part of the "rice-burner" crowd with the coffee can exhaust, Type R stickers and a back deck wing that could fly an aircraft carrier who thinks their car is faster than what it actually is are you?

IDIOT:Well if these idiots like yourself would watch whats in front of you instead of whats behind you there probably would'nt be these shootings ect... and no I do not have one of these "Rice Burners" If I wanted a faster car I would of bought me a sports car.
    I m just trying to get from point A to point B in one piece.

ME:Well, I never tailgate nor have I ever ran into anyone. And the next time you want to call someone an idiot, make sure you have a little 10w-30, preferable synthentic available for the process of dislodging your foot in your mouth. And if you really have a problem with us "idiots in big 4x4s," take your complaint to a board full of these idiots like Pirate 4x4 instead of clogging up bandwith here.

Can you believe this guy?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Anyone that thinks one car length is enough at average road speeds deserves to dine on my 14 bolt...

'Nuff said.

Rene

3. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

he cant spell angel and hes calling you an idiot??? hmmm makes you wonder.

4. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

what site did you get this from???\
    we should all go and post that we are gunna trash his rice burner

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Lemme guess. You got it off POR right?

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I hate morons. If you're scared to drive your little disposable car, then buy you a truck, idiot. Until then, shut your trap and get your good gas mileage, and hope you dont get in a wreck with someone bigger than you.

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What a moron... the (idiot)

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Wasn't off of POR. It's off of a cop BBS I hang out on.

8. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

Today I was drivin' down the road, doin' a couple over like I usually do, there was some idiot lady (not that all lady drivers are idiots, just this particular one) in a newer Phord Rustang, and acting like she wants to pass me. Ok, fine, she can't get an opening so she's riding a few feet from my bumper. After another mile of that a school bus that was a few doors ahead and about 1/2 mile ahead pulls over put it's red flashers on (signalling everybody to stop) well this idiot is so close she didn't see it, so I got a bit closer to where I needed to stop before slowing down than I usually would, and then stood on the brakes with both feet.. Wow judging by the look on her face *that* definitely got her attention. I bet she only had 6" left or she'd have ate some receiver hitch... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Why the heck do people drive like that? She nearly rear ended me... And then she acted like it was somehow my fault judging by her actions... I'd say she earned the *major* scare she got... Hopefully that taught her a valuable lesson about following vehicles... /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

After that she stayed 3-4 car lengths back, so I guess she *did* learn something... I don't do that all the time, but I was feeling particularly evil today. Probably because I was already exceeding by a few clicks, according to my friendly GPS I keep stuck to the windshield...

Sorry just had to vent and share a particularly funny story...

9. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.

10. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

I hate when people drive like idiots, make a mistake, almost have an accident with you, and then have the audacity to act like its YOUR fault.

11. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Story of my life there - a couple weeks ago I was driving an engine through an intersection with lights, sirens, air horns, all blasting merrily away. I had the green, stopped anyway to clear the intersection - And some goober in a motorhome hangs a left turn right in front of us. It took being behind this guy with my foot pushing the horn button through the floor for 3 blocks before he finally pulls over to let us pass - and throws us a finger as we go by!!

12. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I hate morons like this. I also really hate the a**holes that hang out in my blind spot, when there is plenty of road for them to pass me, or to stay back far enough so I can see them. They won't get beside, ahead, or behind me, they insist on hanging in my Blind spot. Then when I through on the blinker, and start to change lanes they get pissed at me for almost hitting them. WTF? Get the f*ck out of my blind spot a**hole.

I also hate those dropped ricers that will stay right next to me in traffic. They get pissed of because I can't see them, and say it is my fault for lifting my truck. F*ck them. Its just as much there fault as it is mine.

I don't know how many people I have brake checked over the last few years, but it is quite a few, and it is because they are being inconsiderate a**holes. I haven't had anyone rearend me yet, but my mom did when she drove my truck and got rearended several times. Most of them were the import cars and little trucks. That class 3 hitch in the back does a number on a radiator and hood. I whip out the rattle can and I am all fixed unlike them.

I love how all the new cars have the "stronger then steel" "spaceage alloys". For some reason my steel truck beats there "stronger then steel alloys" every time./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

It's the A** holes that run the red left turn arrows and clog up the intersection so that WE who now have the GREEN LIGHT can not pass through. And then on top of that the idiiot behind me in his rice burner is honking the horn like there is something I can do about it? This sort of thing ususally happens at intersections near freeways. There are like 4 sets of stop lights on either side of the freeway and only enough room for the cars that have the green light in between the signals. When people run the red arrow they end up in the middle of the intersection with nowhere to go and thus creating gridlock untill one of the lights change.

On a good note, I saw 4 motorcycle cops just down the street from one of these intersections hiding on the meridian and giving tickets to these A** holes that run the red left turn arrow. I gave them a hearty "RIGHT ON" as I passed them. (making sure they didnt mistake my signal to them as the finger) /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Den

Den 1/2 ton status

Yeah Pug.. ya gotta love that ... I feel your pain brother...was running hot to a med call the other day.... young girl in a HUGE Buick was jamming to the stereo i guess ...didnt see/hear me till i was right behind her..... SLAMMED on the brakes.... what ever happend to "calmly pull to the right and stop"... dont they teach that anymore.... kind of like with a funeral prosession...

15. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I had one a few shifts ago that was an interesting bad driving technique - I was driving the ambulance, running hot with a code being worked in back - As we slowed for one of the worst intersections in the country (Mission and Ajo for those familiar with Tucson), a Miata blows by us on the right at 90+ - Then slips back in the left and slows to the point that I just knew we'd have an F350 with a Mazda front end if I didn't lay on the brakes and throw my medic and rider up to the front end. Right as I was hitting the brakes, this jackass pulls back over in the right and waves like we were his best friends.

16. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Read my sig......NUFF SAID!

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue>idiots that drive these big 4x4 trucks, huh ? .......... dink.

18. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

What about the ones that pass you only to get in front of you and slow down, or as you pass them with cruise set they speed up get in front of you to pass a car they are coming up on and then slow down in before getting back in the slow lane. It should be mandatory that on open hiway IDIOTS have to use their cruise control if they are unable to control their speed without it.